Research topic in non-euclid geo?-Help please

• Thread starter cnrdlrud
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

research topic in non-euclid geo??--Help please!!

hello! im a highschool junior trying to do an independent project in geometry and ive been reading about hyperbolic geometry--or non-euclid geo in general. i now have to pose a more specific research question within the topic and i really need some help!!

i do not feel that i have enough knowledge/understanding to write a paper that is compeletely about hyperbolic geometry so i want to include some kindof relativity between non-euclid and euclid(which i have a better understanding of). i also find absolute(neutral) geometry interesting--just completely ignoring the troublesome parallel postulate!

my biggest problem is that as it IS a research paper, it cant just be a list of facts that other people have discovered a long time ago. im not smart enough to come up w/ my own discovery or anything so im trying to at least include my own analysis and viewpoint. (how else can i be creative???)
if you have any suggestions about the research question please please reply!
thank you!

Answers and Replies

You could use classical results in Euclidean geometry and see how they generalize to non Euclidean geometries. E.g. Napoleon's theorem, or you can search the internet for "geometry + pdf" to find more examples.