1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resistance between two points on the surface of conducting spherical shells

1. Nov 28, 2011 #1
    Hello,

I'm trying to find a calculator or an equation that would help me determine the total electrical resistance between two points (A and B) on the surface of several concentric conductive spherical shells.

The inputs for the calculation are the radii of the shells: r1, r2, r2, their specific resistivity rho1, rho2, rho3 and the separation angle between the two points on the surface of the shells.

As a first approximation I'd be happy simply knowing the total resistance between two points on opposite sides of the shell (alfa=180°).

ShemaIzracuna.jpg

I've been googling for a while but can't seem to find anything I can use directly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted