1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resistance input of amplifier

1. Feb 21, 2013 #1
    I have an un ideal OA aplifier(Amax=-9.975).
    I have to evaluate its Rinput--> it has to be something like 10*10^10 Ω

I need to put a potenciometr after Vin and to "play" with it when I get half of Vout/vin.
    when do I need to put it?
    and what is my voltage equations? thanks.

Attached Files:

• OA.jpg
      OA.jpg
      File size:
      19.8 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2013 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Your text does not match your figure, as far as I can see.

What do you mean when you say "Rin has to be something like 10*10^10 Ω"? In the figure, Rin1 is given as 400 kΩ.

4. Feb 22, 2013 #3
    the resistance named Rin is 400K.
    But: the input resistance of the circuit is not 400. thats what I have to find

5. Feb 22, 2013 #4

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

So you'll redraw the circuit, this time replacing the triangle with a 400k resistor to ground at the input, and show a voltage source with a gain of 20000 and so on. Surround it with the external circuit resistances, then analyze that.

I don't know anything about putting a potentiometer somewhere and playing with it. Maybe that's something you do in the lab?

6. Feb 22, 2013 #5

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Given the actual gain of the circuit = 9.975 vs. the ideal op amp gain of 10.000 you can compute the open-loop gain of the amplifier.

You then compute the input current for a given inut voltage to get the circuit's input impedance.

You can then put a potentiometer in series with the 1K input resistor and determine the value needed to halve the output.

That is, if I understood what you are trying to say, which is dubious.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook