1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resistivity of Pure Steam.

1. Nov 29, 2009 #1
    I am working on a Project that involves determination of Quality of Steam. In that I have few queries, so please help if possible:

1. Is there any mathematical relationship between Resistivity of water and temperature? because i am not able to find one, but since i am working on this project, so by doing practical I found that: Resistivity of water decreases with increase in temperature, but I am not able to find any mathematical relationship?

2.What is the resistivity of pure steam?
    I read on the net, that steam has infinite resistance, but infinite does not exist so there must be some value ( may be in Mega ohm, giga ohm, etc); I am looking for that value?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 27, 2009 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Moderator's note:

Please note, this area of Physics Forums is for providing useful reference materials, not for seeking help with questions.

All homework and other questions relating to classwork should be posted in one of our Homework & Coursework Questions forums, which may be found here:

If you repost your question there, you will see a template to be filled out; please be sure to fill in each section of the homework/coursework template.

If this project is not for a class, then choose a suitable area from among our main forums at www.physicsforums.com

Since some time has passed since this question was posted, I am locking this thread for now so that it is visible. It will be deleted at a future date.

Regards,

Redbelly98
    Physics Forums Staff

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook