1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resistor Network troubles.

1. Nov 1, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    So I got this homework to do, and I've pretty much figured it all out using a bus diagram, except for one part. I don't know how to approach Resistors 7 through 9 and 10 through 12. The only idea that I have is that they equalize between 7 and 8, and 10 and 11.

This is the only idea I have as far as a bus diagram:

One last thing: Just a check on how to find the currents at E and D: Do I just add up all the currents traveling along each separate loop?

2. Relevant equations
    Ohm's Law: V=IR

3. The attempt at a solution
    I do not know where to begin
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2008 #2

Homework Helper

Welcome to PF.

First of all let me say that problem looks inhumane.

As to your interest in R7 R8 R9 and R10 R11 R12 isn't that a short across the bunch of them? So no current, no voltage difference for any of them, as all the nodes in that part of the network would measure as 24v wouldn't they?

As to your currents the sum of the currents entering a node are the same as those exiting ... but I will have to leave the numbers for you to work out.
  4. Nov 2, 2008 #3
    Thank you so much! I can definitely do the numbers, I was just wondering about the concept. And it is inhumane, this is only like our 3rd day working with resistors!
  5. Nov 2, 2008 #4

Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?