Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resistor problems

1. Jul 5, 2007 #1
    can someone please post an e-link to a site having tough and conceptual resistor and capacitor problems with all the tips and trick(to solve fatsly :rolleyes:).

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2007 #2
    Yeah, I need that too.

Mr V
  4. Jul 5, 2007 #3
    find the equivalent resistance of a 3D cubical network, with each side of a cube having resistance R.

do the same for capacitance, assuming each side of the cube have capacitance C.

if that is too easy for you, try the same with icosahedral and dodecahedral.

* the input and output are end points of a "diagonal" in the 3D structure.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  5. Jul 5, 2007 #4
    too easy if you know the trick
  6. Jul 5, 2007 #5
    too easy? how about generalizing it to N-dimensional cubical network? or try a soccer ball configuration.

even better, try to solve for the resistance of a 3D lattice network in a box with a given integral length, width and height, assuming different resistance for different "directions" the resistors point at.

for instance, resistors alone the x-axis has resistance R_x, and then R_y, R_z, respectively.:devil:

if you can do all these, i would say you have a fairly well understanding of calculating resistances.:shy:
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  7. Jul 5, 2007 #6
    then i guess i have a "fairly well" understanding of calculating resistances
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?