Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resource for Physics Newb

1. Jun 16, 2012 #1
    Is there a good website or resource that someone can recommend for someone with zero physics experience?

I could use some help.

TIA!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2012 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

4. Jun 16, 2012 #3
    A good thing to do would be to take an algebra based physics class at your local college. If that's not an option, you could see what book they use and get it on ebay for cheap probably and read it and do the problems at the end of the chapters. I think that's the best way to get a thorough understanding of physics instead of the scattered pieces of knowledge you can get from looking at various websites.

5. Jun 16, 2012 #4
    I know this forum is great, but my issue is that my professor works only the most complicated examples and I think it would be beneficial to see some simple examples worked so that I can build up to the others. I really don't want to have to make a post for each problem in the back of the chapter, because that's what I feel like I'd have to do.

I'm taking University Physics in college. I've already finished Calc I & II and math is my strong suit but without prior knowledge I just find myself unable to setup even simple problems. I just haven't seen enough of it done.

I was just hoping someone might know of a website with some video lessons or something to supplement what my instructor isn't providing.

BTW, I've read the entire chapter and can't figure out how to do the first few problems. I did the same for the first chapter and whizzed through the summary questions but that isn't the case with motion problems. They're just not as straight forward as the vectors math problems.

6. Jun 16, 2012 #5

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  7. Jun 16, 2012 #6
    Wow Doc! Looks exactly like what I need. I feel like if I could see some of these problems worked I'd have a much easier time moving forward. Thanks for the recommendation! My copy is on the way.

8. Jun 16, 2012 #7

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook