Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resources For Nuclear Physics

1. Oct 26, 2012 #1
    Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm new here

I'm in highschool and have read several books on nuclear physics, and have become very intrigued by it. I am wondering were to start in terms of good learning resources for physics and nuclear physics, and how to go about learning, besides reading books.

Thanks, and again, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2012 #2
    www.nndc.bnl.gov is a website for all nuclear physics related data, it has all data sheet, evaluated/unevaluated, it has all deacy schemes, icc calculated tables , etc etc
    loads of stuff for nuclear physicists

4. Oct 29, 2012 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Text books and journal articles are the primary sources for learning physics (and the requisite mathematics) and nuclear physics. Otherwise, learning and applying the theory, and then applying the theory to solve problems is the way to learn physics, aside from actual doing experiments and analyzing the results.

MIT has some Physics courses on-line and there is Hyperphysics which gives one a broad overview of physics and the specialty areas. PF has the Math & Science Learning Materials forums.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

Many other universities have online websites about their research and specific courses.

The DOE and NASA also have website with pages on various specific areas of research. Similar, various other national and international laboratories have webpages on their research.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook