Exploring the Evolution of Stars: A Database of Stellar History

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for resources and databases to learn about the history of stars in the universe, specifically their size and chemical content. They mention population types I, II, and III and are looking for real data and numbers. The other person mentions the Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram and the SAO star catalog as potential resources. The conversation ends with the person thanking the other for their help and clarifying that they are interested in stellar evolution and statistics of stars from different time periods.
nick1o2
Just been looking around for any good resources or databases which show history of stars in the universe. I have mostly been looking into the size and chemical content of them (like those of population I, II, III). But just looking for some real data and numbers to go with it, like star sizes etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Space news on Phys.org
Oh you mean "stellar" history ... Stella is like... never mind.
Still not that clear though - we have not been observing stars for very long on the scale that stars have history so we don't actually know any stellar history to speak of. Perhaps you want stellar evolution like how stars grow and die?

Have you seen the Hertzsprung-Russel diagram?

What sort of "real data" are you after? You can find examples of each pop type in star catalogs.
The SAO one is online.

Sorry if i was a bit unclear on the wording i used. The Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram seemed very interesting and something I'm looking furthering into now. Thankyou very much!

So you did want to know about stellar evolution?

In a way yes. but was mostly looking at all the statistics of the stars from 10 billion years ago compared to stars 5 billion years ago. But The Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram helped to separate them in groups and i just searched them individually :)

1. What is "Resources On Stellar History"?

Resources On Stellar History is a collection of data, information, and materials related to the history and evolution of stars. It includes both scientific research and educational resources.

2. How can I access these resources?

These resources can be accessed through various sources such as online databases, scientific journals, textbooks, and educational websites. Many of these resources are also available for free online.

3. What kind of information can I find in these resources?

The resources on stellar history cover a wide range of topics including the formation and life cycle of stars, their classification and characteristics, and the impact of stars on the universe. They also include data on individual stars and their evolution over time.

4. Are these resources reliable?

Yes, these resources are based on scientific research and are considered reliable within the scientific community. However, it is always important to critically evaluate the information and its sources.

5. How can I use these resources in my own research or studies?

These resources can be used as references or sources of information for scientific research, educational projects, or personal interest. They can also serve as a starting point for further exploration and learning about stellar history.