Find Dissertations/Thesis in Applied Physics

• Thread starter paramahamsa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, the OP is looking for a site with dissertations/thesis work in APPLIED PHYSICS to read through for their own thesis work. They clarify that they do not want to copy someone's thesis, but instead want to get an idea of the required format and presentation style. Several online resources, such as ETDs at California Institute of Technology and MIT, as well as universities' libraries and databases, such as NCSU Library and ProQuest Dissertations & Theses, are suggested. The OP is advised to consult their own school's theses for guidance.
paramahamsa
can anyone provide me a site which consists of dissertations/thesis work so that i can go through them for my writing thesis work in APPLIED PHYSICS . i want to go through them so that my guide accept it at a single go
please its urgent

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you saying that you want to copy someone's thesis? Or that you want to read through a few people's theses to get an idea of what's involved? The former is not acceptable, whereas the latter is. However, I for one do not know of any such site.

Don't universities normally have previous dissertations or theses on file in their libraries?

jtbell said:
Don't universities normally have previous dissertations or theses on file in their libraries?

They do. The OP should be consulting the thesis already written at his/her school to get an idea of what is required, especially the format.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
They do. The OP should be consulting the thesis already written at his/her school to get an idea of what is required, especially the format.

Zz.

It's so much easier to copy and paste. :rolleyes:

thks for reply
some body misunderstand me i got my own thesis prepating for 4consecutive years
i want just to read their abstract and presntation style

1. What is the purpose of finding dissertations/thesis in applied physics?

The purpose of finding dissertations/thesis in applied physics is to gain a deeper understanding of current research and advancements in the field. This can also help researchers and students in developing their own ideas and projects.

2. How can I access dissertations/thesis in applied physics?

Dissertations/thesis in applied physics can be accessed through various sources such as university libraries, online databases, and academic journals. Some universities may also have their own repositories where students can access past dissertations/thesis.

3. Can I use dissertations/thesis in applied physics for my own research?

Yes, dissertations/thesis in applied physics can be used as sources for research. However, it is important to properly cite and credit the original authors and their work.

4. How can I narrow down my search for dissertations/thesis in applied physics?

You can narrow down your search by specifying keywords, authors, or specific universities or institutions. You can also use advanced search options in databases to filter results by publication date, subject area, or other relevant criteria.

5. Are dissertations/thesis in applied physics peer-reviewed?

Most dissertations/thesis in applied physics undergo a peer-review process before being published. This means that they are evaluated by experts in the field for accuracy, relevance, and quality of research. However, it is always important to critically evaluate the sources you use for your research.