Response Card Clicker: What is it & How Does It Help?

• Thread starter alexthelion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Response
In summary, a Response Card Clicker, also known as a "clicker," is a handheld device used to respond to multiple-choice questions during a presentation or lecture. It communicates with a receiver that is connected to a computer or presentation system, allowing for immediate feedback. The benefits of using a Response Card Clicker include increased engagement and participation, as well as the ability to assess understanding in real-time. However, it may not be suitable for all types of questions and may require an initial investment. To incorporate Response Card Clickers into presentations or lectures, one can purchase them from vendors or use online platforms with virtual options, and provide clear instructions and practice before using them in a live presentation.
alexthelion
Hi, I am taking my first college physics class, and it says I need a response card clicker. Does somebody know what this is? What's its purpose? What does it do? How does it help me learn?

Just wondering, any answers would be appreciated.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Is this what you are talking about?
http://www.turningtechnologies.com/audienceresponseproducts/responseoptions/responsecards/

Last edited:
It really serves no purpose for you. It's just a tool that let's teachers essentially take attendance by giving you little mini quizzes. Aside from that, another way for the university to get more of your money.

1. What is a Response Card Clicker?

A Response Card Clicker, also known as a "clicker," is a handheld device used to respond to multiple-choice questions during a presentation or lecture. It allows participants to submit their answers electronically, which can then be recorded and displayed in real-time.

2. How does a Response Card Clicker work?

A Response Card Clicker communicates with a receiver that is connected to a computer or presentation system. When a question is posed, participants can use their clickers to select their answer, which is then transmitted to the receiver. The receiver records and displays the responses, allowing for immediate feedback.

3. What are the benefits of using a Response Card Clicker?

Using a Response Card Clicker can increase engagement and participation in presentations or lectures. It also allows for instantaneous feedback, which can help both the presenter and participants assess understanding and identify areas that may require further clarification.

4. Are there any limitations to using a Response Card Clicker?

One limitation of using a Response Card Clicker is that it may not be suitable for all types of questions. It works best for multiple-choice or true/false questions and may not be as effective for open-ended or complex questions. Additionally, the use of clickers may require an initial investment and may not be feasible for all budgets.

5. How can I incorporate Response Card Clickers into my presentations or lectures?

If you are interested in using Response Card Clickers, you can purchase them from various vendors or use online platforms that offer virtual clicker options. Once you have the necessary equipment, you can create questions and integrate them into your presentations or lectures. It is essential to provide clear instructions and practice using the clickers before incorporating them into a live presentation.