Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Restoreing Force?

1. May 11, 2010 #1
    Hey so i'm beginning to study GR and i am at the point of gravity being deformations in the 4 dimensional geometry of spacetime.

Say there is an object traveling through spacetime with a velocity and the object is large enough to create a deformation in the space around it (an asteroid for example). Now at one point in time the asteroid is at a point in space, warping the the spacetime around it (point A). Now at a later time the asteroid in at a different position in space, warping that space time (Point B).

When the asteroid is at point B then the space at point A has returned to it original "normal" geometry.

My question is what force/energy is responsible for restoring the spacetime at Point A to its original form?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2010 #2
    Spacetimes do not warp and unwarp in time, time is a integral component of spacetime.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook