1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resultant displacement

1. Sep 23, 2008 #1
    Hi everyone my first post!!! Iam stuck in this problem idk if iam getting the answer right. My solution was 133 is this correct? Thanks for your help.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    While John is traveling along a straight interstate highway, he notices that the mile marker reads 244 km. John travels until he reaches the 145 km marker and then retraces his path to the 179 km marker.
    What is John's resultant displacement from the 244 km marker? Answer in units of km.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2008 #2
    Can anyone help me please?

4. Sep 23, 2008 #3
    This has to do with vector addition.

The easiest way to do this problem would be to compare the starting and ending points. The answer you're trying to find is the difference between final position and initial position.

5. Sep 23, 2008 #4
    I got it man is -65. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate it lets c if i dont get stuck in any other questions lol.

6. Sep 23, 2008 #5
    No problem

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?