1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resume; 1 page or 3?

1. Sep 28, 2007 #1
    Dear all,

I did read many resume guidelines for undegraduate students which strongly recommends to limit the resume/C.V. to one page. However, sometimes I see excellent resumes in the Market with 3 pages.

I am confused; Are they for diffirent purposes or what is the difference? Which style do you recommend? Is a 'almost no space' one page resume still more professional than 'neatly spaced' 3 page resume?

Thanks in advance,
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2007 #2
    I heard your not suppose to make it more than 1 page unless your a "seasoned" worker, meaning you've worked in the industry for 10+ years.

I would be curious to see what a 3 page resume looked like for an undergrad.

If you have that much work experience being an undergrad, why don't you make a website, listing all the projects you were involved in.

That way you can still make your resume 1 page and they can go to the website on your resume for even more work experience if they are interested.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?