Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resume; 1 page or 3?

1. Sep 28, 2007 #1
    Dear all,

I did read many resume guidelines for undegraduate students which strongly recommends to limit the resume/C.V. to one page. However, sometimes I see excellent resumes in the Market with 3 pages.

I am confused; Are they for diffirent purposes or what is the difference? Which style do you recommend? Is a 'almost no space' one page resume still more professional than 'neatly spaced' 3 page resume?

Thanks in advance,
    -Spirit,

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2007 #2
    I heard your not suppose to make it more than 1 page unless your a "seasoned" worker, meaning you've worked in the industry for 10+ years.

I would be curious to see what a 3 page resume looked like for an undergrad.

If you have that much work experience being an undergrad, why don't you make a website, listing all the projects you were involved in.

That way you can still make your resume 1 page and they can go to the website on your resume for even more work experience if they are interested.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook