Retired Teacher

How did you find PF?: A friend, @chwala, has been on the site for many years and recommended it to me.

I write occasionally about high school maths in Geogebra https://www.geogebra.org/search/chris patterson . I write in Word and convert the files to PDFs. Feeling Tense is an example.
I would like to write a blog about teaching math and science, but none of the sites I know are 'maths friendly.' If I upload a MS Word document with maths, all the maths disappears. One reason for joining Physics Forum is to try to find a solution to this problem. Perhaps learning Latex would help? I would regret having to rewrite everything I have done in Word, but perhaps starting over would be good, in a way.

Attachments

• Feeling Tense.pdf
    561.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Likes anuttarasammyak

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Welcome to PF, Chris. It's good to have you here.

I'll move your Intro thread to the LaTeX forum in case others have some suggestions for doing the conversions...

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2020 Award
:welcome:
If I upload a MS Word document with maths, all the maths disappears. One reason for joining Physics Forum is to try to find a solution to this problem. Perhaps learning Latex would help?
Mostly we do not use MS Word for writing Maths. LaTeX is the way to go. If you want to avoid installing LaTeX on your system, you can start with Overleaf. We have an introduction to LaTeX available here.

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Latex is very lightweight and easy to use. I highly recommend just using it instead of trying half baked solutions.

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member