Goodbye Nereid: Honoring a Retiring Mentor

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Nereid has decided to leave the online community to focus on her offline life. She will be greatly missed and her contributions over the years are greatly appreciated. Despite only just returning, she has made a significant impact and will be remembered fondly. Her friends and colleagues wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors.
It's time again to say goodbye to Nereid. She came back and gave her best, but offline life requires her attention and priority. Big thanks to her efforts over the years! :frown:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Bye Nereid! You will be sorely missed. :frown: Thank you for all you've done.

She only just came back. Good luck Nereid. :smile:

:cry: Thanks, Nereid. It's been an honor and privilege to serve with you.

You will be greatly missed.

You did a great job, Nereid. I hope that you can still pop in as a member even if priorities restrict your access. Mentoring notwithstanding, you always made excellent posts.

Bye Nereid, goodluck with your life away from PF! :smile:

:cry: But you just came back! I'm starting to think you just like the retirement parties. :uhh:

You'll be missed (again).

_Mayday_ said:
Bye Nereid, goodluck with your life away from PF! :smile:
There's life outside of PF. :confused: Wow, who'd've thought?

I'm trying to rediscover mine, it's damn hard though! I just cut down on General Discussion.

Oh no! Well, thanks for giving it the ole college try one more time.

Bye Nereid, thanks for all the hard work!

It's been hard for me to find time to keep up with everyone on PF and to help in the HH forums due to a tough semester. So, I feel for her. The real world must take precedence.

Bye Nereid. :frown: Please visit when you can. Hope everything turns out well.

Last edited:

1. What is "Goodbye Nereid: Honoring a Retiring Mentor" about?

"Goodbye Nereid: Honoring a Retiring Mentor" is a tribute to a beloved mentor who is retiring from their role. It celebrates their contributions and impact on their students and colleagues.

2. Who is Nereid and why is the mentor being honored?

Nereid is a mythical Greek sea nymph known for her wisdom and guidance. In this context, Nereid represents the retiring mentor who has served as a source of knowledge and support for their students and colleagues.

3. What makes this mentor special and deserving of a tribute?

This mentor has made a significant impact on their students and colleagues through their guidance, support, and expertise. They have inspired others and helped them grow both personally and professionally.

4. How is "Goodbye Nereid: Honoring a Retiring Mentor" typically celebrated?

This tribute can take various forms, such as a retirement party, a written tribute, or a special event. It usually involves speeches, gifts, and expressions of gratitude and well wishes for the retiring mentor.

5. Can anyone contribute to "Goodbye Nereid: Honoring a Retiring Mentor"?

Yes, anyone who has been positively impacted by the retiring mentor can contribute to this tribute. It is a way to show appreciation and honor their mentor before they move on to the next phase of their life.