Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reverse Gravitational Force

1. Apr 21, 2004 #1
    (Sorry, I'm testing with the 'tex' code)

Reverse Gravitational Force is the opposite force of Gravity.

It is it that keeps two bodies from not moving EXACTLY into the areas given by [itex]F=\frac {G_m_1_m_2} {r^2}[/itex]...

You can test it by using EXTREMELY precise instruments, and checking if an object on a seesaw with its more massive counterpart align exactly to form a perfectly balanced seesaw.(Of course, you put friction into the picture...duh :tongue: )

Reverse Gravity applies to both objects(in a two body system)...(By the way)

Here are the equations...they may be flawed(of course, this all may be untrue! :wink: )...

[tex]R_g_1=\frac{r^2}{Gm_1^2}[/tex]
    [tex]R_g_2=\frac{r^2}{Gm_2^2}[/tex]
    [tex]D_t_1=\frac{t(R_g_1)}{m}[/tex]
    [tex]D_t_2=\frac{t(R_g_2)}{m}[/tex]
    [tex]T_D_t_1=t(F_2-R_g_1)[/tex]
    [tex]T_D_t_2=t(F_1-R_g_2)[/tex]
    [tex]R_g_i_t_b=\frac{r^2}{Gm_1m_2}

Hope that's correct!(Lemme go check my notebook...)

Where F equals Gravitational Force, [itex]R_g[/itex] equals Reverse Gravitational Force(with distinctions of which body it is applying to), [itex]D_t[/itex] equals the Distance traveled because of the Reverse Gravitational force(again with distinctions), [itex]R_g_i_t_b[/itex] equals the Reverse Gravity in two bodies, [itex]T_D_t[/itex] equals the total distance traveled because of Gravity and Reverse Gravity, [itex]G[/itex] equals Newton's Gravitational Constant, [itex]m_1[/itex] equals the mass of the more massive body, and [itex]m_2[/itex] equals the mass of the less massive body.

By the way, this has been edited from its original content to fit the screen of your brain. :p

Though I did edit this.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2004 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Can I still go out of the door and remain where I'd like to be?

4. Apr 21, 2004 #3
    LOL!

Sure!

;)

5. Apr 21, 2004 #4
    :tongue:

Finally got it!

6. Apr 23, 2004 #5
    Anyone Here?

7. Apr 25, 2004 #6
    Antimatter and matter possess inertial mass which is equivalent to gravitational mass. Due to this mass property they are both affected by gravity. But pure bosonic particles (e.g. photons) according to my research should not have inertial or gravity mass hence cannot be affected by gravity. The mass of the photon is defined as the kinetic mass (mass of motion in contrast to inertial mass as mass of rest). When there is kinetic mass, concept of momentum can be defined.

Actually, my research theorizes the existence of two kinds of mass. The potential and the kinetic mass.

Total mass of particle = potential mass + kinetic mass.

Further the total mass of particle only has a minimum but no maximum value. The property of mass has a lower bound but no upper bound.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  8. Apr 25, 2004 #7
    Oh, and those are all in the point of view of the more massive one.

9. Apr 25, 2004 #8
    If there is no disparity of mass (very large and very small), then gravity cannot exist between two objects of equal mass because the forces of push or pull would be exactly equal.

10. Apr 25, 2004 #9
    No, Rg is A LOT less than G.

11. Apr 25, 2004 #10
    How do we make Rg very large so that we can travel to the star?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?