1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reverse Polish Notation

1. Apr 10, 2008 #1
    Is HP the only company that sells calculators with RPN?
    Why is the HP-12C so expensive? It doesn't look expensive.
    I was wondering if it was possible to get a small pocket calculator that used RPN that wasn't too expensive?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

The 12C is pricey because it is small and easy to use if you like RPN. There was also a comparable scientific (not financial) version of this calculator that was just as compact and was very handy. I think it was the 15C, but don't hold me to that. It's been about 20 years.

4. Apr 11, 2008 #3
    It was the 15C, but they don't make these anymore, and that was why I was wondering if I could still get a relatively cheap RPN calculator. I have recently learned about RPN and the HP-15C on the Cosmic Variance blog. RPN sounded amazing and so did the HP-15C, and now I want an RPN calculator.

5. Apr 11, 2008 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I see the 12C listed for less then $100, for a high capability calculator that is not expensive.

There is a HP10b financial, which should be RPN, for ~$40. This can only be shipped in the US, so that may be a problem for you.

6. Apr 12, 2008 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?