Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reverse Polish Notation

1. Apr 10, 2008 #1
    Is HP the only company that sells calculators with RPN?
    Why is the HP-12C so expensive? It doesn't look expensive.
    I was wondering if it was possible to get a small pocket calculator that used RPN that wasn't too expensive?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

The 12C is pricey because it is small and easy to use if you like RPN. There was also a comparable scientific (not financial) version of this calculator that was just as compact and was very handy. I think it was the 15C, but don't hold me to that. It's been about 20 years.

4. Apr 11, 2008 #3
    It was the 15C, but they don't make these anymore, and that was why I was wondering if I could still get a relatively cheap RPN calculator. I have recently learned about RPN and the HP-15C on the Cosmic Variance blog. RPN sounded amazing and so did the HP-15C, and now I want an RPN calculator.

5. Apr 11, 2008 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I see the 12C listed for less then $100, for a high capability calculator that is not expensive.

There is a HP10b financial, which should be RPN, for ~$40. This can only be shipped in the US, so that may be a problem for you.

6. Apr 12, 2008 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?