Reviewing Topics for Calculus 1

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for expedited review of Trig and algebra topics prior to learning Calculus. The list of important topics mentioned includes exponential and log functions, trig identities, and inverse functions. The goal is to thoroughly review these skills in order to achieve an "A" in the course, which covers limits, derivatives, integrals, and possibly hyperbolic functions.
biochem850
I'm currently taking Calculus with Analytical Geometry and I need to do some expedited review of the Trig and the algebra pertinent to the course.

Does anyone have a definitive list of topics one should cover prior to learning calculus material?

Any tips( P.S.- I want an "A" in this course)?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'll give you a list of what I can think of:
  • Exponential functions
  • Log functions
  • Trig identities
  • Inverse functions

Pretty much the important stuff I can think of

iRaid said:
I'll give you a list of what I can think of:
  • Exponential functions
  • Log functions
  • Trig identities
  • Inverse functions

Pretty much the important stuff I can think of

I think this will be a good start. The courses covers limits, derivatives and applications, integrals and, I believe, hyperbolic functions but I want to review many skills to give myself the best opportunity to earn an "A".

1. What topics are typically covered in Calculus 1?

Calculus 1 typically covers topics such as limits, derivatives, and integrals. It also includes applications of these concepts, such as optimization and related rates.

2. How important is reviewing topics for Calculus 1?

Reviewing topics for Calculus 1 is extremely important, as it lays the foundation for understanding more advanced concepts in Calculus. It also helps to reinforce previously learned material and improve overall understanding of the subject.

3. What are some helpful resources for reviewing topics for Calculus 1?

There are many helpful resources for reviewing topics for Calculus 1, such as textbooks, online tutorials and practice problems, and study groups. Your professor or school may also offer tutoring services or review sessions.

4. How can I effectively review topics for Calculus 1?

To effectively review topics for Calculus 1, it is important to start early and consistently practice problems. It is also helpful to go back and review any notes or assignments from the class, and to seek help from a tutor or study group if needed.

5. How can I tell if I am ready for a Calculus 1 exam?

You can tell if you are ready for a Calculus 1 exam by testing yourself with practice problems and reviewing your understanding of key concepts. It is also helpful to consult with your professor or a tutor to gauge your readiness and identify any areas that may need further review.