Revolving door of Iraq war reasoning-This time it's OIL

• News
  • Thread starter faust9
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Oil Time
In summary: I'm feeling verklempt now. Talk amongst yourselves---here, I'll give you a topic "The war in Iraq is for oil not democracy, not WMD, not the WOT, but for oil."In summary, the Bush administration has given a new reason for the Iraq war: oil. The war protestors were right all along, and this has consequences for Bush's future course of action. There are alternative courses of action available, but they are not being pursued. There is no evidence that Osama Bin Laden is currently in captivity, and it's possible that he has already been captured.
1 said:
Trust me, if there wasn't as much celebrating as claimed, cnn would have shown it. Anything good happening in Iraq won't be reported by CNN unless they have to, but they'll still try to spin it.
alexandra said:
See, fibonacci? Did CNN support or not support the lies about the 'crowds'! It amazes me what some people think are 'liberal' sources of information!

alex
for sure alex, there is not a single 'liberal' news organization in america (well at least not on TV). How often has CNN reported on labour strikes, on the use of sweat shops by corporations (and their tax cuts), when has CNN ever aired any coverage at of any of the massive anti-bush rallies? Or any rally at all, any of the demonstations outside the white house, any of the squattings in government buildings? When did CNN report on the recent events of the zapatista movement? When has CNN covered no borders encuentro? When did CNN cover the shutting down of indymedia in Paris? When did CNN say anything about the enviromental protest in iceland that the police attacked, completely unprovoked?

I wonder, how many of these events you've even heard of before now 112?

They couldn't. They wouldn't be allowed to. If they aired anything that harmfull to the corporations they would be sued out of business, just like the eXile branch that had to shut down after only a single publication. It wouldn't happen, it wouldn't be allowed.

Everything's just Radical right and not-quite radical right. There is no liberal mass media in the USA today, it's not allowed. America isn't free anymore.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
Everything's just Radical right and not-quite radical right. There is no liberal mass media in the USA today, it's not allowed. America isn't free anymore.
There is Air America Radio if you can call that liberal mass media.

We still have NPR and PBS for objective news.

Oops maybe I spoke to soon.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0502-01.htm

Oh well there is still the internet.

(not even going to look I don't want to know)

Last edited by a moderator:
A BBC ed. report today, indicated that Katrina is lighting a fire under journalistic butts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4214516.stm

Otherwise, I saw a report a month or two ago, that in the 70's the democrats took their money from media and put it into grass roots organisations.

If this is true, and if there has been a switch towards GOP friendly reporting, then perhaps it is because democrats haven't been donating as much to the media.

Over thrity years, that could make a slow but steady difference.

Skyhunter said:
There is Air America Radio if you can call that liberal mass media.

We still have NPR and PBS for objective news.

Oops maybe I spoke to soon.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0502-01.htm

Oh well there is still the internet.

(not even going to look I don't want to know)
Never heard air america, hope it's good. PBS I like, some of the best documentaries I've seen on PBS. And yes, the internet is the last bastion for non-conformist news networks. Thank god for the net.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smurf said:
Never heard air america, hope it's good. PBS I like, some of the best documentaries I've seen on PBS. And yes, the internet is the last bastion for non-conformist news networks. Thank god for the net.
Air America is a liberal radio network formed as a counter to the right wing talk shows that domninate AM radio.

http://www.airamericaradio.com/listen

Hey, at least we can claim much better music bands!

pattylou said:
A BBC ed. report today, indicated that Katrina is lighting a fire under journalistic butts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4214516.stm

Otherwise, I saw a report a month or two ago, that in the 70's the democrats took their money from media and put it into grass roots organisations.

If this is true, and if there has been a switch towards GOP friendly reporting, then perhaps it is because democrats haven't been donating as much to the media.

Over thirty years, that could make a slow but steady difference.
The biggest change was when Reagan repealed the fairness doctrine that required anyone using the public airwaves to present all sides of a political issue. This allowed wealthy ideologues to bankroll people like Rush Limbaugh. They only present one side and that is usually so distorted that it isn't even remotely related to the truth. They screen their calls so the listeners get the impression that everyone agrees with them except for a "few wacko vegetarian eco-terrorists. After 20 years they now have a following of about 20 million brain-washed followers that believe their is a liberal conspiracy against America.

just watch and see how many respond to this post