Revolving particle

• Thread starter towuzzi
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

i wanted to know whether if a particle lets say a proton is accelerated in a circular motion will there reach a point in time where the forces on the electron would be so great that it will transform the particle

Answers and Replies

I don't think the question makes sense. You're moving a proton in a circular path, where does an electron come in to this?

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I'd like to know where the electron comes in to this one as well.

Unrelated to that, we have sent protons around circles a lot. There's nothing so far in both what we have observed experimentally, and in the physics, that would indicate any kind of transformation of a proton JUST simply from it moving in a circle and under such forces. Thus, I'm curious to find out from the OP as to the impetus of such a question.

Zz.

Make sure your questions make sense before asking them...

guys thanks for the correction all i wanted to ask is that if a particle lets say an electron is sent through a LHC and we keep increasing the input energy what will happen to the particle lets assume we have infinite energy

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
guys thanks for the correction all i wanted to ask is that if a particle lets say an electron is sent through a LHC and we keep increasing the input energy what will happen to the particle lets assume we have infinite energy
Based on our present knowledge, nothing. But our present knowledge does not include availability of "infinite energy". So you're asking us to use unreasonable assumption to make reasonable conclusion, which often produces absurd answers.

Zz.