1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rewriting Formulas

1. Sep 26, 2006 #1
    On my homework, I was given the equation V=1/3 x pi x r squared x h. I need to rewrite the formula so that it is solved for h.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2006 #2
    :uhh: You probably should have posted this in the homework section instead, and if you can't find the topic here later, it was probably moved there.

But, I'm not mean. :tongue2:

I'm not going to solve it for you, but think: If you do something to one side of the equals, the same thing has to happen on the other side.

Use the 1/3 as an example, and cancel it by multiplying by 3. Then, just make everything else go to the other side by multiplying it over. ^:biggrin:
  4. Sep 26, 2006 #3
    I'm sorry about not posting this in the right forum...I just signed up today, so I'm still getting used to everything here!

And about your reply...I tried what you said, and I got 3V over pi x r squared. Is this right??
  5. Sep 26, 2006 #4
    if you meant [tex] \frac{3V}{\pi r^2}[/tex] then yes
  6. Sep 26, 2006 #5
    Lol sorry...once again, I'm new here!

Thank you both very much for your help. :biggrin:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?