Solve V for h: Rewrite Formula V=1/3πr^2h

• Thread starter GLprincess02
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formulas
In summary, the equation V=1/3 x pi x r squared x h can be rewritten to solve for h by dividing both sides by 1/3 and then multiplying by \pi r^2, resulting in h = \frac{3V}{\pi r^2}. The conversation also includes advice on where to post homework questions and clarification on the correct form of the rewritten equation.
GLprincess02
On my homework, I was given the equation V=1/3 x pi x r squared x h. I need to rewrite the formula so that it is solved for h.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
:uhh: You probably should have posted this in the homework section instead, and if you can't find the topic here later, it was probably moved there.

But, I'm not mean. :tongue2:

I'm not going to solve it for you, but think: If you do something to one side of the equals, the same thing has to happen on the other side.

Use the 1/3 as an example, and cancel it by multiplying by 3. Then, just make everything else go to the other side by multiplying it over. ^:biggrin:

I'm sorry about not posting this in the right forum...I just signed up today, so I'm still getting used to everything here!

And about your reply...I tried what you said, and I got 3V over pi x r squared. Is this right??

if you meant [tex] \frac{3V}{\pi r^2}[/tex] then yes

Lol sorry...once again, I'm new here!

Thank you both very much for your help. :biggrin:

What is the formula for finding the volume of a cone?

The formula for finding the volume of a cone is V = 1/3πr^2h, where r is the radius of the base and h is the height of the cone.

How do I solve for h in the volume formula for a cone?

To solve for h in the volume formula for a cone, we need to isolate h on one side of the equation. We can do this by dividing both sides by 1/3πr^2. This will give us the equation h = V / (1/3πr^2).

Can this formula be used for any cone?

Yes, this formula can be used for any cone as long as we know the radius of the base and the height of the cone.

What units should be used for the measurements in this formula?

The units used for the measurements in this formula should be consistent. For example, if the radius is measured in inches, then the height should also be measured in inches. It is important to use the same units for accurate calculations.

Can this formula be used to find the volume of other shapes?

No, this formula is specifically for finding the volume of a cone. Other shapes such as cylinders and spheres have their own formulas for finding volume.