Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RF chip for SDR transceiver?

1. Jul 29, 2008 #1
    Hi all. I'm designing an SDR transceiver. I need a RF chip/module that at least contains PA, LNA and Tx/Rx switch. It should perform conversion between analog or digital baseband/IF signal and 2.4GHz radio signal. Modulation/demodulation will not be done in this chip. The radio signal is sent/received to/from an antenna.

In short, I want the RF module in the figure below only. DAC/ADC can also be included inside:

Antenna <--> RF Module <--> DAC/ADC <--> Baseband processing <--> .....
    -------------------------

I've searched a lot but only seen some wifi/bluetooth/zigbee chip sets that indlude modem also...

Do you have suggestion for such chips? Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 29, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Have you looked at the various chips made by Analog Devices? They have a pretty good assortment of ISM band chips and building blocks:

http://www.analog.com/

4. Jul 31, 2008 #3
    3x. I just found some from adi. The bandwidth they support is larger than what I desire. Will it cause trouble except that higher bandwidth will let more noise in?

5. Jul 31, 2008 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Which bandwidth? Are there any filtering options?

6. Jul 31, 2008 #5
    I guess it's the signal BW after modulation, but not sure. I'm requesting more information which is not presented on the web pages.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?