RF chip for SDR transceiver?

• Thread starter fidel
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi all. I'm designing an SDR transceiver. I need a RF chip/module that at least contains PA, LNA and Tx/Rx switch. It should perform conversion between analog or digital baseband/IF signal and 2.4GHz radio signal. Modulation/demodulation will not be done in this chip. The radio signal is sent/received to/from an antenna.

In short, I want the RF module in the figure below only. DAC/ADC can also be included inside:

Antenna <--> RF Module <--> DAC/ADC <--> Baseband processing <--> .....
-------------------------

I've searched a lot but only seen some wifi/bluetooth/zigbee chip sets that indlude modem also...

Do you have suggestion for such chips? Thank you.

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Have you looked at the various chips made by Analog Devices? They have a pretty good assortment of ISM band chips and building blocks:

http://www.analog.com/

3x. I just found some from adi. The bandwidth they support is larger than what I desire. Will it cause trouble except that higher bandwidth will let more noise in?

berkeman
Mentor
3x. I just found some from adi. The bandwidth they support is larger than what I desire. Will it cause trouble except that higher bandwidth will let more noise in?
Which bandwidth? Are there any filtering options?

I guess it's the signal BW after modulation, but not sure. I'm requesting more information which is not presented on the web pages.