RF Transmitter Receiver

Hey all!
I have just constructed a RF circuit to try out. I made use of the T5-434-5V and the R5-434-5-128 transmitter and receiver pair and also the HT12E and HT12D as the encoder and decoder for the transmitter and receiver respectively.

The schemetic I used can be found on page 6 of this datasheet: http://www.spelektroniikka.fi/kuvat/T5R5-434-5V.pdf" [Broken]

After following exactly, the circuit does not work. I connected the DOUT of the encoder and the DIN of the decoder directly and it works, which brings me to suspect it's the RF pair that's not working.

HT12E oscillator resistance: 1M ohm
HT12D oscillator resistance: 51K ohm

If anyone has any idea as to why the transmitting and receiving isn't working, your comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

vk6kro
Science Advisor
Can you measure the currents of just the transmitter and the receiver? This might give a clue.

Also can you listen on 434 MHz with a scanner receiver? This might help to decide if the transmitter was working.

Did you get the connections wrong when you built it and then correct them after applying power? This could have damaged one of the circuits.

What were those resistance values you gave? They seem high if they are the power supply connections.

Realistically, though, you will probably need to get local help. A Radio Amateur might be able to help if you can find someone who has equipment for 432 MHz