Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RFID masters project ideas

1. Nov 26, 2009 #1
    I am thinking of some RFID applications, and the web seems to prove there is an endless supply of applications and problems already solved.

Is there any hope to do a master's thesis/project in this field that would be worthwhile? If I come up with a good idea, its already done, and if I come up with an idea not already done, there's a better way to do it than with RFID :(

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2009 #2
    BTW, I'm looking to design some type of sensor. I was thinking a passive temp sensor that an embedded system could use to probe itself (a printer mobo that wants to know the temps. of its various components for example).

So I would want to do the physical design of the sensor. Not so interested in making a completed system using the sensor.

4. Nov 26, 2009 #3

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't see any reason that a RTD (resistive thermal device) can't be integrated into your rfid circuit that could be read by the μP. You would need other circuitry to digitize the temp signal.

5. Nov 26, 2009 #4
    An ingestible thermometer would be really useful for a project I'd like to do.

6. Nov 26, 2009 #5
    OK but a quick google search shows there's already passive RFID temp. sensors . . so I am a little discouraged.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook