1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RH and Heated air

1. Jul 29, 2011 #1
    I know that this is a bit off the beaten track, (its a physics question) but I'm trying to confirm the results of a piece of software I've written.

If you have a fan delivering air at 1000 cu m/hr from an ambient source at 27C Dry bulb and 24.3C wetbulb (approx 80%RH i.e. 18 gmswater/ Kg air) and you heat and then spray the resultant air with water to ensure its at 65C and 100% RH - what is the take up of water into the air, assuming it all gets removed? i.e. how many KG / hr.

This sounds complicated but it really isnt. I just need someone to confirm my answer.
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 29, 2011 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

What was your answer?

4. Jul 29, 2011 #3
    I didnt really want to give this - in case it influenced anyone else's!
    (I will if you have an answer though)
    Vhris

5. Jul 29, 2011 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, but that's not how it works here. We don't just hand out answers, we help people find them. So as a starting point, we need what you have so far.

6. Jul 29, 2011 #5
    OK - 1365.3 Kg/hr, taking into account the expansion of air (8112 cu m/hr)
    Chris

7. Jul 29, 2011 #6
    Sorry - I entered the wrong info!
    189.6 Kg/hr, taking into account the expansion of air (1126.7 cu m/hr)
    Chris

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook