1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rheoloogy testing of hydrogel-help!

1. Mar 23, 2011 #1
    Hello!
    I was wondering could anybody help me with this? I'm determining the viscoelastic properties of a thermo-responsive hydrogel and I'm using the rheometer. I plan to test it as it changes from with an increasing temperature; its 'liquid' at 20 deg and 'solid/gel form' at 37 deg.
    i'm looking for the moment it changes from liquid to solid so i plan on doing a temperature sweep and also finding its storage and loss modulus.
    I've read numerous studies like this, and they all do a non-destructive oscillating test, then a strain sweep, and then a frequency sweep...
    this is a stupid question but they say 'all rheological studies were done in triplicate'...what does that mean?! are these three tests; oscillatory, frequency and strain sweep tests, all carried out one after the other on the same sample? that's my interpretation, but as i've only one sample to test,(and a very small amount of it) i really need to be right on this!

Any help much appreciated!!
    thank you!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted