Can Someone Have Two Hearts and a Rare Heart Placement?

• Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Heart
In summary, a person can have 2 hearts. Two ++ parents cannot have an offspring with a negative blood group. However, a baby can get Rh+ve even if one of the acquired genes of the parents is of Rh+ve. There is a possiblity for two Rh+ve parents to have a Rh-ve baby. This is because, both parents might have a recessive Rh gene, but still expressed as Rh+ve due to the other gene.
Raghav Gupta
can two +ve rhesus parents have a negative rh factor offspring?
Can a person have heart on right and two hearts?
I know it is rare.

Biology news on Phys.org
Raghav Gupta said:
can two +ve rhesus parents have a negative rh factor offspring?
Can a person have heart on right and two hearts?
I know it is rare.
Positive rhesus can be ++ or +-. Two ++ parents cannot have an offspring with a negative blood group. Both parents need to have a -, as far as I know.

I don't know about 2 hearts, but there is a rare condition called 'dextrocardia' in which the heart is on the right side.

But one family was saying that the Rhesus factor of the parents were both positive but their offspring was having negative rh factor. Might be they are not telling truth or the blood test might have given some wrong report?
See this link of Google showing a girl having 2 hearts and a man.
https://www.google.co.in/#q=a+person+with+2+hearts

Thanks Raghav. I was actually going post the same question.
My dad himself is Rh -ve and both my grandparents are Rh+ve. I don't know how this is possible.
o
siddharth23 said:
Positive rhesus can be ++ or +-. Two ++ parents cannot have an offspring with a negative blood group. Both parents need to have a -, as far as I know.

Siddharth, sadly, your wrong about that, because both the parents need not have Rh-ve for their baby to be a Rh-ve. I'm Rh-ve and my moms Rh+ve. .This I can assure you.

Suraj M said:
Siddharth, sadly, your wrong about that, because both the parents need not have Rh-ve for their baby to be a Rh-ve. I'm Rh-ve and my moms Rh+ve. .This I can assure you.

Like I said, the + sign in your blood group isn't the only thing. It can be either ++, +- or --. Your mom must be +-. I'll check it up and let you know.

Oh wait!
I just found out.
A baby gets Rh+ve even if one of the acquired genes of the parents is of Rh+ve. so the Rh recessive is trumped by the dominant gene.
There is a possiblity for two Rh+ve parents to have a Rh-ve baby.
This is because, both parents might have a recessive Rh gene, but still expressed as Rh+ve due to the other gene.
so in a rare situation the recessive gene of both the parent's may be passed on to the baby, making him/her Rh-ve

Yeah right. The dominant and recessive traits play a part. There are a few laws to it, discovered by Gregor Mendel. If the recessive traits from bothe Rh +ve parents come into the offspring, he will be Rh -ve.

Check this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominance_(genetics)

So there's about ½ ×¼? chance that such a Rh-ve Baby results from 2 Rh+ve.
is -----------------⤴⤴⤴ right?

Last edited:
Suraj M said:
So there's about ½ ×¼? chance that such a Rh-ve Baby results from 2 Rh+ve.
is -----------------⤴⤴⤴ right?

It differes in every case. If the two parents are +- and +-, then the child can be-

1) ++ (complete dominance) 2) and 3) +- or -+ ( incomplete dominance) 4) --

Only in case number 4 will the offspring be Rh -ve. So 1/4th chance

Thanks to both of you for explaining more on rh factor, and my heart question is also answered. By the way I was asking that whether a person could have heart on right, just for a worldwide perspective as my grandfather has a heart on right side.
Sharing with you an incident :
The doctors would be confused when they would keep the stethoscope on left of my grandfather and wonder where the heart has gone, because they could not hear any heartbeats.:D

Oh nice and creepyo0).
Is that by any chance the same as pericardial reflection, its really rare.

siddharth23 said:
It differes in every case. If the two parents are +- and +-, then the child can be-

1) ++ (complete dominance) 2) and 3) +- or -+ ( incomplete dominance) 4) --

Only in case number 4 will the offspring be Rh -ve. So 1/4th chance
No, siddharth, I was trying to multiply the probabilty of both the parents being of +- . How do you do that??

Suraj M said:
Is that by any chance the same as pericardial reflection, its really rare.
Don't know about pericardial reflection, but
siddharth23 said:
there is a rare condition called 'dextrocardia' in which the heart is on the right side.

Oh okay I'll check it out.

1. What is the Rhesus factor and how does it affect the heart?

The Rhesus factor, also known as the Rh factor, is a protein that is found on the surface of red blood cells. It is important in blood transfusions and pregnancy, as it can cause complications if a person with Rh-negative blood is exposed to Rh-positive blood. When it comes to the heart, the Rhesus factor has not been directly linked to any specific effects. However, it is possible that it may play a role in cardiovascular disease and other heart conditions.

2. Is there a correlation between the Rhesus factor and heart disease?

While there is not a clear correlation between the Rhesus factor and heart disease, some studies have shown a potential link. One study found that individuals with Rh-negative blood may have a slightly higher risk of developing heart disease compared to those with Rh-positive blood. However, more research is needed to fully understand the relationship between the Rhesus factor and heart disease.

3. Can the Rhesus factor affect heart health during pregnancy?

Yes, the Rhesus factor can potentially affect heart health during pregnancy. If a woman with Rh-negative blood is carrying a fetus with Rh-positive blood, there is a risk of Rh incompatibility. This means that the mother's immune system may produce antibodies to attack the fetus's red blood cells, potentially leading to complications for both the mother and baby, including heart problems.

4. Is there a difference in heart health between individuals with Rh-positive and Rh-negative blood?

There is currently no evidence to suggest that there is a difference in heart health between individuals with Rh-positive and Rh-negative blood. However, some studies have found a slightly higher risk of certain heart conditions in individuals with Rh-negative blood. Again, more research is needed to fully understand the potential impact of the Rhesus factor on heart health.

5. Can the Rhesus factor affect the success of a heart transplant?

No, the Rhesus factor does not have an impact on the success of a heart transplant. During a heart transplant, the blood type and Rh factor of the donor and recipient are carefully matched to avoid any potential complications. Therefore, the Rhesus factor should not play a role in the success of a heart transplant.