1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ribbon Cables

1. Dec 30, 2005 #1

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2005 #2

-Job-

Science Advisor

I have a couple of those that i used on my CSE210 class. I got them from the CSE department, i don't think i was supposed to keep them, but whatever. Do you have access to a Computer Engineering department? They might be able to get you a couple.

4. Dec 30, 2005 #3

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I could probably ask, but since it's winter break most people are out so it might be a little difficult.

5. Dec 30, 2005 #4

-Job-

Science Advisor

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  6. Dec 30, 2005 #5

-Job-

Science Advisor

There's a couple of pretty old ones sitting around at work, but i can't take them. :tongue2:
    I think they sell the ribbon cable and the connectors separately. So you want a 10 wire ribbon cable and a female 10 slot DIP connector or something like that. I think your best bet is a local hardware/electronics store.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  7. Dec 31, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

8. Jan 1, 2006 #7

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I tried google but couldn't find anything to my satisfaction. It would be nice to have it pre-assembled, but I guess i'm going to have to get the ribbon and header seperately and then built it myself.

9. Jan 1, 2006 #8

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

10. Jan 1, 2006 #9

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I found everything I needed to get. Thanks for the help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?