Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Richard Feynman, 1965 Physics Nobel Prize Winner

1. Oct 25, 2005 #1
    Heres a new website dedicated to the hero of all physics geeks: Richard P. Feynman.The site features many Feynman articles like his lectures, anecdotes, jokes, stories etc.. other resources like jokes and daily news feed and others make it a good site to kill time or learn some random stuff.
    Give it a visit!
    Hey Feynman Site
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2005 #2
    I thought Einstein was our major hero.
  4. Oct 25, 2005 #3

I dunno, Feynman was pretty awesome. As well as being charismatic and equipped with many interesting skills, he is known as one of the greatest teachers of physics ever.
  5. Oct 25, 2005 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Galileo has to rank near the top being one of (if not) the first to systematically use mathematics to model the physical world.
  6. Oct 25, 2005 #5
    kudos to feynman. He's my favourite physicists of all times !! Read his book : surely you must be joking, mr feynman if you haven already.

Favourite engineer : Nicola Tesla
  7. Oct 25, 2005 #6
    Feynman's other book, What Do You Care What Other People Think is also a great read. He was a true original. :cool:
  8. Oct 25, 2005 #7

I have just finished (as of about an hour and a half ago) "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynmann". It's a great read. Has anyone read his anthology of speeches, "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out"? That's also very interesting.
  9. Oct 26, 2005 #8

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What Do You Care What Other People Think was good, but kind of depressing, don't you think?

I also liked his 6 lectures "The nature of physical laws".
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?