How Many Units Must Plant A Produce to Stay Within Budget?

• Thread starter MrNeWBiE
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Riddle
In summary, the company plans to produce 5000 units of its product at plants A and B, with a unit cost of $2.50 at plant A and $3.00 at plant B. The fixed costs are $6000 at plant A and $8000 at plant B. To stay within a budget of $28,000 for total costs, the minimum number of units that must be produced at plant A is 4000. This can be found by setting the cost equation equal to the budget and solving for A.
MrNeWBiE
hello ..

Homework Statement

A company will manufacture a total of 5000 units of its product at plants A and B. At plan A the unit cost for labor and material combined is 2.50 $, while at plant B it is 3.00 $. The fixed costs at plant A are 6000 $ and at plant B they are 8000 $. Between the two plants the company has decided to allot no more than 28,000 $ for total costs. What is the minimum number of units that must be produced at plant A ?

The Attempt at a Solution

I want to confirm my steps if it's right ,,,,

A = # units produced at plant A
B = # units produced at plant B

A + B = 5000
B = 5000 - A

Cost for plant A: 2.50A + 6000
Cost for plant B: 3.00B + 8000

(2.5A + 6000) + (3.0B + 8000) = 28000

Physics news on Phys.org
You already know that B = 5000 - A. Replace this value in the last equation.

kk ,,,,

i forgot to say it ,,, i

1. What is a riddle question?

A riddle question is a type of question that presents a puzzle or mystery for the listener to solve. It often involves wordplay, double meanings, and creative thinking.

2. What is the purpose of a riddle question?

The purpose of a riddle question is to challenge the listener's thinking and problem-solving abilities. It can also be used as a form of entertainment or to teach a lesson.

3. How do you create a riddle question?

Creating a riddle question involves using clever wordplay, metaphors, and puzzles to create a question that requires some thought and creativity to answer. It can take practice and experimentation to come up with a good riddle question.

4. What makes a good riddle question?

A good riddle question is one that is not too easy to solve, but also not too difficult. It should be clever and creative, with multiple possible interpretations and answers. It should also have a clear and concise structure.

5. How can riddle questions be used in education or research?

Riddle questions can be used in education and research as a way to engage learners and stimulate critical thinking skills. They can also be used as a tool for gathering information and testing problem-solving abilities.