Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Riddle Time!

1. Feb 2, 2007 #1
    What would happend if an unstopable force collided with an imoveable object?

Its from a human perspective and they have no properties such as bouncing, breaking, reflecting,etc

aswell, speed and what not are not needed

Good luck
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2007 #2
    There's no such thing as either. But if there were the infinite energy given off by the colision would destroy the universe.:smile:So there is no answer.
  4. Feb 2, 2007 #3
    A force doesn't collide with anything, it just gets applied to things. And if it's unstopable, the force just continues to be applied. So, the force would be pushing on the immovable object forever, but the object wouldn't move. :)

5. Feb 2, 2007 #4
    Oh I see he meant it terms of "physics" not "real" world terminology. Depends what the force is, if it's an infinite force of love then no effect: if it's an infinite force= m.a then that's a little different. if it's anything defined then if it's unstoppable the universe would be destroyed by definition, it would absorb said infinite force and said force would depending on what it was create infinite energy. if it was gravity and the object was immovable, then the energy would become infinite and the universe would end assuming it could never be moved. So long as you don't define x your in safe territory.
  6. Mar 6, 2007 #5
    Well, the unstoppable force has a DPS of 61.4 and increases strength, stamina, and crit rating. Because the immovable object has an armor rating of 2.8k, I think a better approach to this paradox would be to use Ice Lance, although if the object is not frozen then you'll have some trouble.

But if we aren't talked about WoW, then it's kind of like talking about something infinitely massive. This infinitely massive object is being pushed an infinitely large force... you just end up without an answer. :yuck:
  7. Mar 6, 2007 #6
    :rofl: i love your name "DyslexicHobo"
  8. Mar 6, 2007 #7
    Perhaps it would pass right through the object without the force being stopped or the object being moved. :biggrin:
  9. Mar 9, 2007 #8
  10. Mar 9, 2007 #9

Or use rupture rather then eviscerate. Or you're mutilate spec and DWing Deadly you can use Envenom.
  11. Mar 12, 2007 #10
    Following how grant9076 briefly put it...

Seeing's how they are devoid of properties, the unstoppable force proceeds into and through the immovable object, and continues on its merry way.
  12. Apr 24, 2007 #11

Both objects could not exist in the same universe.

Its like saying "could god create a rock so heavy that he could not lift it?"

on one hand god can create anything.
    on the other hand there is no rock god couldnt lift.
  13. Jun 30, 2008 #12
    One would body slam the other and Hulk Hogan would come out the winner.
  14. Jul 28, 2008 #13
    I thought the exact same thing (WoW items) when I read this thread.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?