Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ridiculous love?

1. Jun 7, 2006 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

Is being in relationship with a person that you know he's not your kind and this relationship wouldn't last for so long? I mean you know that person can keep you interested for a short time since he's cute and fun but well, he's not good for life since you have very different plans and values in life and your ideas of life and world are totally different.
    To cut te ling story short, what's important in a relationship? Being happy with each other as long as you're together, or relationships should save more important purposes?

P.S. I guess you call it crush not love but anyway...

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2006 #2

Danger

Gold Member

You're describing pretty much the situation that I'm in with W. I was sure that it would wear off... right up until we started shopping for a house. :rolleyes:

4. Jun 7, 2006 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

what's wrong? I thought that was the problem of kiddies not people at your age...:bugeye:

5. Jun 7, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

You have a crush on some one Lisa, Awww thats cute :smile:

he will be in the loony bin before the crush wears off, so do not fret :wink: .

6. Jun 7, 2006 #5

Danger

Gold Member

How on Earth did you figure that? I'm still after the same kind of woman that I've always been... it's just harder to catch them now. :tongue:

7. Jun 7, 2006 #6
    same situation i'm in kinda...cept we've been dating almost 5 months....but in september i leave and she stays here....not looking forward to it.

in reply to your question, I would say yea its worth it, it's worth every minute of it....while it lasts. it's really corny, but the saying "its better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all" is definately true, at least imo.

8. Jun 7, 2006 #7
    If you are not happy, I can arrange a marriage for you Lisa! Why are you not yet arranged to be wed? Something must be wrong with you. Are you really that ugly? You shuold have 7-10 kids by now.

9. Jun 7, 2006 #8

Danger

Gold Member

The version that I heard was "It's better to have loved and lost, than wed and be forever bossed."

10. Jun 7, 2006 #9
    LOL i love it.

11. Jun 7, 2006 #10

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yeah, that's like my relationship.

We have different plans and different values and so on. We have been together for like 17 months now.

I'm 22 years old and she's 21 right now. So, I was 21 and she was 19 when we met. I guess that's "kiddie" age.

12. Jun 7, 2006 #11

wolram

Gold Member

She can only go out when there is a full moon, so it is hard for her to meet proper people.:smile: :uhh:

13. Jun 7, 2006 #12

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think that the potential for the relationship to have a future is very important. If you think that it can't go anywhere, then don't start it. :tongue:

If nothing else, it would diminish your chances of getting together with someone with whom you could have a long-term relationship.

Why are you looking at me that way? It could happen! And I am glad I didn't ask out the cute Australian girl who's going home next year. :wink:

14. Jun 8, 2006 #13

rcgldr

Homework Helper

Watch the movie "Prime", (out on DVD) now, a chick movie about this very subject.

15. Jun 8, 2006 #14
    If you're still young, carpe diem I say. Just don't pick out the wedding cake..

16. Jun 8, 2006 #15
    "If you can't be with the one you love, Honey, love the one you're with."

Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young.

17. Jun 8, 2006 #16
    This thread requires a pic of the poster in order to give you an answer.

18. Jun 8, 2006 #17

Lisa!

Gold Member

Danger, I thought people at your age wouldn't have that kinda problem since they know who they're looking for and what they want to get of a relationship. I myself still don't know that.(well, I'd explain about it later...):wink:
    For those who are wondering why I'm not married yet: the majority of guys I've met in real life are almost like cyrus.(I mean the same attitude) Now I guess any sane person around here could figure out what's wrong here...o:)

ToxicBug, well I guess this thread requires a pic of poster's crush to help you responding to my question! maybe it needs a pic of both poster and her crush, eh?:blushing:

Eh, I get back to this post later since I guess I need to think more about what you said!:smile:

19. Jun 8, 2006 #18
    I hate you lisa.

20. Jun 8, 2006 #19
    :rofl: Yes, almost, but none come close to being as good looking as me. :cool:

Please, no more autographs Lisa...

21. Jun 9, 2006 #20

Lisa!

Gold Member

I've met lots of guys from shiraz, non cute but all good conversationalists! Unfortunately you seem not to be able fool people by your tongue...:frown: :wink:
    Enough of that anyway since I just didn't want this thread go off topic or gets too personal...o:)

:rofl:

Is that what you've wanted to tell me in almost all of my threads?*shrug* I really don't care what PF'ers especially those who're rude to me feel about me!
    Personally I never waste my time telling people how much I dislike them. In fact I just try to avoid them!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?