Right of return (Palestinian)

• News
  • Thread starter tiny-tim
  • Start date
In summary, Hamas wants the return of refugees to their villages, and the international community is opposed to this because it would end Israel as a separate state. Hamas' ultimate aim is the destruction of Israel, and there is no way of achieving peace between two neighbours when one wants to destroy the other.

ALYAZAN said:
hey dear Kyleb

facts .. it's just a matter of gathering these facts .. since David ben Gurion uptill now ...

i may be late in it .. coz I'm working now on a research

If by "facts" you mean a few quotes where he mentioned God when it suited him, don't bother as I've likely already see them. However, I assure you that if you take time to research on David ben Gurion and the history of the Zionist movement in general, you will find it was largely secular in nature, in contradiction to millenniums rabbinical consensus, and hence staunchly opposed by the vast majority of religious Jews in it's early years.

Physics news on Phys.org

This thread has gone off topic. This is strictly about the "legal" issue. off topic posts will be deleted.

See my post when this thread was created.

Evo said:
I have moved these posts discussing ""right of return" (Palestinian)" to a new thread. Do not attempt to hijack this thread with personal opinions about the current military actions.

Last edited:

say whatever you like about Palestinians.. terrorists ..cowards…garbage…but you wouldn’t hide the fact that Israel OCCUPY that Arab land, they’ll stand until the last man and they will have their country back ….. you may say both sides are victims of US and UK conspiracy or whatsoever…I agree but victims who choose their destiny to be in this (garbage) situation are different from those people … as for the Israelis they should be responsible for their choices …. Palestinians didn’t choose this, it was forced on them and they’ll resist ….what makes it more illogical the refugees are not allowed to go back!:confused: …..the story is simple ..Israel has no right to do this, but for now every person in the whole world live in his/her country except Palestinians their country lives in their hearts.:frown:

kyleb said:
Greed is certainly the drive behind the leaders this conquest over Palestine, but the same was true for the conquest of whites over blacks in South Africa. Apartheid in South Africa went on for decades with tactile support of governments in the US and elsewhere. However, as public awareness of the wickedness committed in our names spread, and our self-indulgent leaders were eventually forced to conform to the standards of justice which are sacrosanct to the greater population. I see the same build toward a tipping point happening here, and am at a loss as to find any tangible basis for your pessimism to the contrary.
Since making my previous replies to you, I looked up some polling stats and now I think you might be right that there is some reason for optimism regarding eventual justice for Palestinians.

According to polling stats at worldopinion.org. most people want their governments to take an even-handed role. Of those that wanted their governments to take a side, the majority were in favor of taking the Palestinian's side.

I also want to say that I think that the strictly legal issues surrounding Palestinian's right of return are something of a smokescreen obscuring what is essentially an issue of right and wrong.

Let's not forget mankind's long history of legal, state-sanctioned atrocities.

peace upon u

i found this ..

http://www.rorcongress.com/Statements/24-04-2004.htm

i guess it's a good material to discuss !

and when i'll be back from Egypt i'll post a good report about general Egyption people common opinion about right of return

best wishes