Meet Riki's New Friend: Papillon/ Chihuahua Mix

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
In summary: Look at the first photo.In summary, the wife went to a pet store and met a new puppy. The puppy has white toes and long hair that is probably the daughter's. The puppy is already chasing Riki off and the wife is looking forward to seeing the puppy grow into a beautiful dog.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Some of you may recall https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=93222", Well the wife was in a mall yesterday and just HAD to go in a pet shop (They ought to outlaw 'em) an met this

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Ricochet/newpup.JPG
Here is Riki meeting the member of the family.
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Ricochet/Riki_newpup.JPG

My wife has decided that Riki is to big, so somehow female logic says that to make a big dog smaller you just get another dog! :rolleyes:

This one is a female so of course that is somehow superior. :confused:

She is a Papillon/ Chihuahua mix. We have yet to name the little thing, my first suggestion was "le petite dejuene" thinking of what Riki would do when he met her, but it also may be approiate in a historic sense also. We are still working on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
How adorable! I love puppies. :!)

It does appear Riki may be thinking "le petit déjeuner". :tongue2:

Integral said:
We have yet to name the little thing, my first suggestion was "le petite dejuene" thinking of what Riki would do when he met her, but it also may be approiate in a historic sense also. We are still working on it.
Binary logic?:biggrin:

Evo said:
How adorable! I love puppies. :!)

It does appear Riki may be thinking "le petit déjeuner". :tongue2:
So far they seem to be getting along pretty well, she has been chasing him around the room!

Scott,
Yeah, binary logic, that is it 1 + 1 = 0 (no carry!)

He's a nice dog.(Does he come with spare batteries? :rofl:)

I really like the white one. That white one has a beautiful coat.

cyrusabdollahi said:
He's a nice dog.(Does he come with spare batteries? :rofl:)

I really like the white one. That white one has a beautiful coat.
Yeah, Riki, the white one is still developing his adult coat, I am looking forward to seeing it fully grown.

That is soooooo darned cute! Riki will soon be head over heels in love! And look its has little white toes!

Until I saw the second photo, I was thinking that little puppy had one amazingly long tail, then realized it's your wife's hair that just wound up in just the right place to look like it was a continuation of the puppy's tail. :biggrin:

What an absolutely adorable puppy! I can't believe your wife thinks Riki is too big though. He barely looks much bigger than the puppy! He's growing into a beautiful dog too. :approve:

I want a puppy! :cry: But, I don't have the time or space to be a good puppy mommy. :frown:

Moonbear said:
Until I saw the second photo, I was thinking that little puppy had one amazingly long tail, then realized it's your wife's hair that just wound up in just the right place to look like it was a continuation of the puppy's tail. :biggrin:
Actually that is my daughter's hair!
What an absolutely adorable puppy! I can't believe your wife thinks Riki is too big though. He barely looks much bigger than the puppy! He's growing into a beautiful dog too. :approve:
Yeah, you have to do a real scale shift to think of Riki as big. He is just a lot bigger then my wife had in mind! :rofl:

Integral said:
Actually that is my daughter's hair!
:redface: Oops...somehow my brain translated it being your wife's new dog to it being your wife holding the dog.

WHAT?!? I have another puppy to babysit? Oh boy! We could name her 'Scrunchie'! :rofl :rofl:

Moonbear said:
:redface: Oops...somehow my brain translated it being your wife's new dog to it being your wife holding the dog.

I can see that happening! Do you suppose that we can sneak this bit 'o Disney past Zz?

Integral said:
I can see that happening! Do you suppose that we can sneak this bit 'o Disney past Zz?
Disney? :confused: I think I got too much fresh air today and my brain thought it was going on vacation and forgot to return inside with me.

Tsu said:
WHAT?!? I have another puppy to babysit? Oh boy! We could name her 'Scrunchie'! :rofl :rofl:

I LIKE IT!

She is not exactly a Andulusian, probably not as big as a Andulustian paw!

I was hoping you wouldn't mind the extra burden!

The little girl is showing lots of spirit. She is already chasing Riki off, he is still trying to figure out just what this new little toy is all about!

I thought that Mickey Mouse shirt would have sent an alarm off for Zz.

Moonbear said:
Disney? :confused: I think I got too much fresh air today and my brain thought it was going on vacation and forgot to return inside with me.

Look at the first photo.

My brain would love a vacation. I'd be more than happy to oblige, I could send it by fedex to some tropical, tropical island. In fact, I'd like to accompany it on its vacation.

Moonbear said:

I am referring to my daughters sweatshirt!

Evo said:
I thought that Mickey Mouse shirt would have sent an alarm off for Zz.
Oh! That Disney! (I think I need a "smacks hand to forehead" smiley.)

Maybe we should start dropping hints to Zz about the hidden Disney pic? How long before he finds it?

Integral said:
Maybe we should start dropping hints to Zz about the hidden Disney pic? How long before he finds it?
Like an Easter Egg hunt!

Integral said:
:rofl: Maybe he's just not around tonight.

Evo said:
Like an Easter Egg hunt!

That's the idea!

Are you sure that Riki isn't going to swallow him. He did eat a couch, after all.

Ivan Seeking said:
Are you sure that Riki isn't going to swallow him. He did eat a couch, after all.
That is a concern! We are keeping a pretty close eye on them! So far she has spend a lot of time in A's lap!

Here is another pic.

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Ricochet/puppy.JPG

Integral said:
That is a concern! We are keeping a pretty close eye on them! So far she has spend a lot of time in A's lap!

Here is another pic.

[/URL]
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Though, I hope she doesn't grow into those ears, or your wife is going to be disappointed again over the size of the dog! :bugeye: You'll have to get an even bigger one to shrink the others. :biggrin:

Integral said:
[/URL]
One day I too will be big enough to eat this couch! :approve:

Integral said:
Here is another pic.

Oh[/URL] my God...it's mine! :!) :!) :!)

NO! MINE!

I'm so lucky! :biggrin: I get to puppy/kitty sit whilst they are away for vacation. :approve:

Aren't those ears something!

We can see a lot of the Chihuahua in her face and body. She does have some signs of the Papillon fur ruffs so perhaps she will grow into something like Riki's coat.

Last edited:
thx to Evo to correct the french you used... for shame at least bablefish it lol...

and to Evos sig... have you ever snowmobiled in the tundra... its beyond this world the tundra is so messed its not even funny

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
thx to Evo to correct the french you used... for shame at least bablefish it lol...

and to Evos sig... have you ever snowmobiled in the tundra... its beyond this world the tundra is so messed its not even funny
Actually I was pullling that out of memory as a quote from Napoleon. That was supposed to be his reference to Wellington's army, just before the battle of Waterloo.

Did we also take a small bite, bigger then we can chew?

Integral said:
Aren't those ears something!

We can see a lot of the Chihuahua in her face and body. She does have some signs of the Papillon fur ruffs so perhaps she will grow into something like Riki's coat.
I hope so. The one thing I don't like about Chihuahuas is their skimpy coat. They're such tiny dogs that short hair just always leaves them looking like starving waifs, even if they are well-fed. If she gets a papillon coat, she'll be absolutely, irresistably adorable! (Well, she is already, but who can resist a puppy?) I hope you're ready for high energy too!

Integral said:
Actually I was pullling that out of memory as a quote from Napoleon. That was supposed to be his reference to Wellington's army, just before the battle of Waterloo.

Did we also take a small bite, bigger then we can chew?
i just get edgy when it comes to people screwing up my lovely beautiful lanuage

What is a Papillon/Chihuahua mix?

A Papillon/Chihuahua mix, also known as a Chi-Pap or Papihuahua, is a designer dog breed that is a cross between a Papillon and a Chihuahua.

What are the characteristics of a Papillon/Chihuahua mix?

Papillon/Chihuahua mixes are typically small in size, weighing between 5-10 pounds. They have a lifespan of 12-15 years and have a friendly and energetic personality. They may have a long, silky coat like a Papillon or a short, smooth coat like a Chihuahua.

What is the temperament of a Papillon/Chihuahua mix?

Papillon/Chihuahua mixes are known to be affectionate, playful, and loyal. They are also intelligent and easy to train. However, they may have a tendency to be protective and bark excessively if not properly socialized.

What kind of care does a Papillon/Chihuahua mix require?

Papillon/Chihuahua mixes require regular grooming, including brushing and occasional bathing. They also need daily exercise and mental stimulation to keep them happy and healthy. It is important to monitor their diet and provide them with high-quality food to maintain their small size and energy levels.

Are there any health concerns associated with Papillon/Chihuahua mixes?

Like all dog breeds, Papillon/Chihuahua mixes may be prone to certain health issues, including dental problems, patellar luxation, and eye diseases. It is important to regularly take them to the vet for check-ups and to address any health concerns as they arise.