What do you do when you forget to set your alarm and wake up late?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ring
In summary: However, if it's less important than the hour I was supposed to wake up, I might just try to go back to sleep for a bit.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
So out of bed you get, shower and make breakfast it is only then that you realize you forgot to set your alarm the previous night,, what do you do, leave your breakfast and go back to bed, eat your breakfast and go back to bed, well you are up now you may as well stay up.

Physics news on Phys.org
Depends on what hour it is.

wolram said:
So out of bed you get, shower and make breakfast it is only then that you realize you forgot to set your alarm the previous night,, what do you do, leave your breakfast and go back to bed, eat your breakfast and go back to bed, well you are up now you may as well stay up.
Stay up. By that time, I would be completely alert and wouldn't fall asleep anyway. I am a morning person. I feel I will lose much time by sleeping too long. I always wake up at 6.30-7.30 on weekends. Depends on the season. And I always go to sleep between 21.30-22.30 :) That's how my biorhytm works. I can become very irritated and nervous if I am forced to stay up after that time :H :wink:

Sophia said:
And I always go to sleep between 21.30-22.30 :) That's how my biorhytm works. I can become very irritated and nervous if I am forced to stay up after that time :H :wink:
That's a good habit. I can sleep pretty much anytime if I have the chance to (almost never).
Borek said:
Depends on what hour it is.
Pretty much sums it up. :wink:
wolram said:
If I have no duties I usually look at the clock and don't even bother to do the first thing you mentioned. Simply go back to sleep.
  • Waking up after the hour I was supposed to wake up and don't have any duties:
    • Eat breakfast, clean my teeth, and go back to sleep.
  • Waking up a lot before the hour I was supposed to wake up and don't have any important duties:
    • Eat breakfast, clean my teeth, and go back to sleep.
  • Waking up after the hour I was supposed to wake up and have duties:
    • Stay up, straight to duties blazingly fast.
  • Waking up a lot before the hour I was supposed to wake up and have important duties:
    • Stay up, straight to duties.

What causes the ringing sound of an alarm clock?

The ringing sound of an alarm clock is caused by the vibration of a small metal hammer against a bell or chime. This vibration creates sound waves that travel through the air and reach our ears.

Why is the sound of an alarm clock so annoying?

The sound of an alarm clock is designed to be loud and repetitive in order to grab our attention and wake us up. The unpleasant and annoying nature of the sound encourages us to turn off the alarm and get out of bed.

How does an alarm clock know when to ring?

Modern alarm clocks use electronic circuits and a quartz crystal to keep time. The clock is set to a specific time and the circuit is programmed to activate the alarm at that time, triggering the ringing sound.

Why do some people wake up before their alarm goes off?

Our bodies have a natural internal clock, known as the circadian rhythm, that regulates our sleep and wake cycles. Sometimes, our body's internal clock is synced with the alarm and we wake up right before it goes off.

Can the sound of an alarm clock damage our hearing?

Repeated exposure to loud sounds, such as the ringing of an alarm clock, can potentially damage our hearing over time. It is important to set the alarm to a reasonable volume and take breaks from using it to prevent hearing loss.