Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News RIP Adam West

1. Jun 10, 2017 #1

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Died Peacefully at 88

Sad to hear this. Adam west is the person I think of as Batman. It seems now that every superhero has to have some kind of an edge, that one can't have a superhero without being an anti-hero of some sort. But the only reason that works is because of the iconic pillars built by actors like this and those who brought over-exemplified self-sacrifice and noble ideals into popular culture in the first place.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2017 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

He will always be the only Batman for me. All of the others that have played Batman have picked up something from the way he portrayed Batman.

4. Jun 10, 2017 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Plus he was hilarious in Family Guy.

5. Jun 14, 2017 #4

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

Admittedly Adam West was not my favourite Batman (that honour goes to Christian Bale in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy of films), but I nonetheless enjoyed West in the Batman TV show in syndication during my childhood, particularly the campy and lighthearted nature of the show.

He will be missed.

6. Jun 21, 2017 #5
    He will be missed.

upload_2017-6-21_7-54-40.jpeg

7. Jun 22, 2017 #6
    That's a sad news. :frown: I love his batman movie, he were really funny.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  8. Jun 22, 2017 #7
    "When I was batman, I find need to say" I'm batman". People knew who I was."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted