Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RIP Dr Foofer

1. Oct 12, 2009 #1

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Some very sad news. Dr Foofer, Evo's beloved cat, passed away at 4:30 this morning. :frown::cry:

My thoughts are with Evo, Ricco and her girls.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/8098/camerapictures555.jpg [Broken]

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/610/drfoofer1.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2009 #2
    Very sad, courage, Evo

Pets should live longer.

4. Oct 12, 2009 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

PF's beloved cat!!:frown:
    Sorry to hear that!:cry:

5. Oct 12, 2009 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

6. Oct 12, 2009 #5

Astronuc

:frown: I'm very sad to hear this, even though Evo mentioned that Dr. Foofer was quite ill.

RIP, Dr. Foofer.

7. Oct 12, 2009 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So sad to hear it, Evo. My thoughts are with you.

8. Oct 12, 2009 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sorry to hear that, best wishes.

9. Oct 12, 2009 #8

turbo

Gold Member

My wife and I spent all day with Duke. He was with us when we harvested our beets and carrots and the rest of the chilies, then we spent an hour or so out in the woods (training/play session). We have been quite upset when our ferrets died one by one and swore to have no more pets. There goes that plan. If something happened to Duke we would both be devastated.

My thoughts are with you, Evo. It's really hard to say goodbye...

10. Oct 12, 2009 #9
    What sad news to see today. I am so very sorry for the loss of the good Dr. Foofer. Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

11. Oct 12, 2009 #10

Maroc

Gold Member

sorry to hear. =[

12. Oct 12, 2009 #11

Evo

Thank you so much everyone. Evo Child and Spawn of Evo are also very saddened. Dr Foofer was very special.

13. Oct 12, 2009 #12

turbo

Gold Member

I hope the fruit bat can cope with the loss, and with being alone when you're at work. I'm sure Dr Foofer was a good companion for him.

14. Oct 12, 2009 #13
    Very sorry to hear this Evo. Though, if this photograph is any indication of the kind of life that Dr Foofer had, then I am sure that he was grateful to have had you as an owner. What a sweety :frown:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  15. Oct 12, 2009 #14
    :(

<text limit>

16. Oct 12, 2009 #15

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm very sorry, Evo. He seemed like such a sweet kitty. My love to you and Ricco and the girls.

17. Oct 12, 2009 #16

Evo

Thanks, Spawn and Evo Child are quite broken up, as am I. He was such a big part of our lives.

18. Oct 12, 2009 #17

turbo

Gold Member

It's so hard to say goodbye to pets. They can't talk to us, and they can't tell us what's troubling them (though people aren't much better at that on average), and it is so sad to have to let go of a companion. Again, my thoughts are with you, and I hope the Fruit Bat copes well.

Edit: I have a velcro dog laying on my feet, so that he can tell if I so much as change my mind on some subject. He looks at me intently, as if he has an agenda, though I'm pretty sure it has something to do with manipulating me to get the maximum number of little treats. He never sleeps - he just drops into standby mode. That rule is abandoned when I want to sleep, since Duke seems to be able to snore impressively when I'm trying to get some shut-eye.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  19. Oct 12, 2009 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ember sends her deepest condolences...as do I. :frown:

20. Oct 12, 2009 #19
    Oh Evo, I'm so sorry for you and your daughters' loss of Dr. Foofer. I know how immense the heartbreak can be. I'll be thinking of you. Bean sends head-bumps to help you feel better.

21. Oct 12, 2009 #20
    AWW :( So sorry to hear about this Evo. x

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook