Dr Foofer - A Loving Cat Has Left Us

• News
  • Thread starter Kurdt
  • Start date
In summary: RIP, Dr. Foofer. So sad to hear it, Evo.My thoughts are with you and Evo Child as you cope with the loss of your cat, Dr. Foofer. Dr. Foofer was a very special cat and I am sorry for your loss.
Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Some very sad news. Dr Foofer, Evo's beloved cat, passed away at 4:30 this morning. :frown::cry:

My thoughts are with Evo, Ricco and her girls.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/8098/camerapictures555.jpg [Broken]

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/610/drfoofer1.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Very sad, courage, Evo

Pets should live longer.

PF's beloved cat!:frown:
Sorry to hear that!:cry:

Sad :frown:

:frown: I'm very sad to hear this, even though Evo mentioned that Dr. Foofer was quite ill.

RIP, Dr. Foofer.

So sad to hear it, Evo. My thoughts are with you.

I'm sorry to hear that, best wishes.

My wife and I spent all day with Duke. He was with us when we harvested our beets and carrots and the rest of the chilies, then we spent an hour or so out in the woods (training/play session). We have been quite upset when our ferrets died one by one and swore to have no more pets. There goes that plan. If something happened to Duke we would both be devastated.

My thoughts are with you, Evo. It's really hard to say goodbye...

What sad news to see today. I am so very sorry for the loss of the good Dr. Foofer. Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

sorry to hear. =[

Thank you so much everyone. Evo Child and Spawn of Evo are also very saddened. Dr Foofer was very special.

Evo said:
Thank you so much everyone. Evo Child and Spawn of Evo are also very saddened. Dr Foofer was very special.
I hope the fruit bat can cope with the loss, and with being alone when you're at work. I'm sure Dr Foofer was a good companion for him.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/8098/camerapictures555.jpg [Broken]

Very sorry to hear this Evo. Though, if this photograph is any indication of the kind of life that Dr Foofer had, then I am sure that he was grateful to have had you as an owner. What a sweety :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
:(

<text limit>

I'm very sorry, Evo. He seemed like such a sweet kitty. My love to you and Ricco and the girls.

Thanks, Spawn and Evo Child are quite broken up, as am I. He was such a big part of our lives.

It's so hard to say goodbye to pets. They can't talk to us, and they can't tell us what's troubling them (though people aren't much better at that on average), and it is so sad to have to let go of a companion. Again, my thoughts are with you, and I hope the Fruit Bat copes well.

Edit: I have a velcro dog laying on my feet, so that he can tell if I so much as change my mind on some subject. He looks at me intently, as if he has an agenda, though I'm pretty sure it has something to do with manipulating me to get the maximum number of little treats. He never sleeps - he just drops into standby mode. That rule is abandoned when I want to sleep, since Duke seems to be able to snore impressively when I'm trying to get some shut-eye.

Last edited:
Ember sends her deepest condolences...as do I. :frown:

Oh Evo, I'm so sorry for you and your daughters' loss of Dr. Foofer. I know how immense the heartbreak can be. I'll be thinking of you. Bean sends head-bumps to help you feel better.

AWW :( So sorry to hear about this Evo. x

:frown: I'm sorry to hear of this too. It's always rough to lose a friend.

That is rough. My condolences.

They are such a joy for the time they are with us.

So sorry to hear this. I've never had a pet, but I love cats.

I know the feeling, sorry for your loss Evo...

:cry: Our thoughts are with you.

Thanks all of you, it's so nice to hear your kind words, it really helps ease the pain.

Right now I'm dealing with, "did I do enough?", did I push back enough? could I have done or said something that would mean he'd be alive now? I don't think I did, and it's killing me.

Evo said:
Right now I'm dealing with, "did I do enough?", did I push back enough? could I have done or said something that would mean he'd be alive now? I don't think I did, and it's killing me.

You did more good for him than anybody else could.

In some ways, I grieved more for my cats than I did my parents. My Kitty is pulling (and purring) for you.

No, you did everything just right. I know you did, and that no one could have done better for him. Foofer had a good life and a good mom. Every little creature we love is going to leave us at some point (unless they outlive us, which I see as often being a worse fate), and we have no control over that. He was a very lucky kitty to have landed in your lap.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Evo. :frown: I know losing a pet isn't a good experience.

Evo said:

Just shut up and do loundry or cook something.

And you know it is the second best message you can get after being comforted by MIH & Loren.

(risking my last GOOBF card :bugeye:)

aww, one of the best posts and reminds me of what I loved about foofer.

OM said:
Dr. Foofers gone to heaven where he belongs, because he didn't stink.
So true! He always smelled Springtime Mountain Meadow Fresh. That's a very happy memory of him. Thank you for reminding me of how fresh he always smelled. :smile:

Mmmm...I love cat smell.

Again, I wish you the best, Evo, my thoughts are with you...especially tonight, as I pet my Sweet Miss Phoebe...I couldn't help but notice she has that bony old-cat feel these days. I love her very much, it's sad she's getting old.

I vote that PFers give the kitties in their lives a special chin-scratch, in honor of Dr. Foofer.

lisab said:
I vote that PFers give the kitties in their lives a special chin-scratch, in honor of Dr. Foofer.
Aww, yes, chin scratches and neck and ear rubs. :smile:

Lazor and Yeller love ear rubs. I'm amazed they'll let me press my knuckles right into their ear openings! Next time will be to honor Dr. Foofer.

<h2>1. Who was Dr Foofer?</h2><p>Dr Foofer was a beloved cat who recently passed away. He was known for his loving and affectionate personality, and brought joy to his family and friends.</p><h2>2. What was special about Dr Foofer?</h2><p>Dr Foofer had a unique ability to sense when someone was feeling down or in need of comfort. He would always be there to offer cuddles and purrs, and had a special way of making people feel better.</p><h2>3. How did Dr Foofer pass away?</h2><p>Dr Foofer passed away peacefully in his sleep. He had been struggling with health issues for some time, but his family made sure he was comfortable and surrounded by love until the very end.</p><h2>4. How did Dr Foofer's family cope with his passing?</h2><p>Dr Foofer's family was devastated by his passing, but they found comfort in the memories and love he left behind. They also found solace in knowing that he was no longer suffering and was at peace.</p><h2>5. How can we honor Dr Foofer's memory?</h2><p>There are many ways to honor Dr Foofer's memory. Some ideas include creating a photo album or scrapbook, making a donation to a local animal shelter in his name, or simply taking a moment to remember his loving spirit and the joy he brought into the world.</p>

1. Who was Dr Foofer?

Dr Foofer was a beloved cat who recently passed away. He was known for his loving and affectionate personality, and brought joy to his family and friends.

2. What was special about Dr Foofer?

Dr Foofer had a unique ability to sense when someone was feeling down or in need of comfort. He would always be there to offer cuddles and purrs, and had a special way of making people feel better.

3. How did Dr Foofer pass away?

Dr Foofer passed away peacefully in his sleep. He had been struggling with health issues for some time, but his family made sure he was comfortable and surrounded by love until the very end.

4. How did Dr Foofer's family cope with his passing?

Dr Foofer's family was devastated by his passing, but they found comfort in the memories and love he left behind. They also found solace in knowing that he was no longer suffering and was at peace.

5. How can we honor Dr Foofer's memory?

There are many ways to honor Dr Foofer's memory. Some ideas include creating a photo album or scrapbook, making a donation to a local animal shelter in his name, or simply taking a moment to remember his loving spirit and the joy he brought into the world.