RIP Elizabeth Edwards: News of Her Passing

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rip
In summary, a woman who had been through a lot announced that her treatments were going to be futile. She has been mourned by her loved ones. A tribute was given by her oldest daughter. Westboro Baptist Church showed up to the funeral but only five people showed up.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Early reports...

Physics news on Phys.org
Poor woman. R.I.P.

She's been through a lot. Her husband is a cad. RIP

Dear sweet lady. G-d rest your soul. Thank you Elizabeth. :frown:

Holy Cow, that was quick!

It seemed like it was only a day or two ago that she announced treatments were going to be futile.

RIP to her, and thoughts out to the kids.

MATLABdude said:
Holy Cow, that was quick!

It seemed like it was only a day or two ago that she announced treatments were going to be futile.

RIP to her, and thoughts out to the kids.
I heard yesterday that she had months to live, but perhaps that was a comment made some months ago. I heard she was spending her last days at her home with family and friends.

She seems to have been a remarkable person. I heard a commentary on the radio this evening as I drove home, so I wondered given the tone, if she had passed away.

RIP. Condolences to family and friends.

I've never heard of her, of course, since I'm not a resident of the USA, so I had to pull a Google. It's never pleasant to learn of someone expiring, though. My condolences to those who knew her and cared for her.

lisab said:
Oh no :eek:!
Anything for press and notoriety. Those loons have no respect for the dead, nor the living who grieve them. Sad.

A wonderful tribute to Elizabeth Edwards from her oldest daughter
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/elizabeth-edwards-s-daughter-recalls-mom-s-life-23457890 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
But on Saturday just five church members (two of them children) showed up to picket, waving hateful signs about Mrs. Edwards and the United Methodist Church where the service was held...

It seems that the "church" has lost its momentum.

What was Elizabeth Edwards known for?

Elizabeth Edwards was known for being a political activist, attorney, and author. She was also the wife of former US Senator John Edwards.

What led to Elizabeth Edwards' passing?

Elizabeth Edwards passed away from metastatic breast cancer, which she had been battling since 2004.

What was Elizabeth Edwards' impact on society?

Elizabeth Edwards was a strong advocate for healthcare reform, women's rights, and poverty awareness. She also shared her personal struggles with cancer to raise awareness and inspire others.

How did the public react to Elizabeth Edwards' passing?

The public reacted with sadness and condolences for the Edwards family. Many also praised Elizabeth for her strength and bravery in the face of her illness.

What legacy did Elizabeth Edwards leave behind?

Elizabeth Edwards left behind a legacy of resilience, activism, and compassion. She will be remembered for her unwavering determination and dedication to making a positive impact in the world.