Answers and Replies

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I thought he was immortal. :(

Evo
Mentor
Oh No!! My mother and I exercized with him, we even bought that blue rubber thing he sold.

I'm really starting to feel old.

Will never forget that tight black outfit and the little black shoes.
But what I feel really thankful for is Jack just made 96 the new 86!
So ladies, we just got ten years younger. :smile:

Yikes! Hope I'm old enough to stay home alone.... :rofl:

jtbell
Mentor
I remember clicking past his show to get to the Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid in the early 1960s. Then I saw him in late-night infomercials sometime during the last few years, and thought "yow, is that really the same guy?"

You guys will always be young at heart. In my books,you are young 20 year old females not old tarts. :-)

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sorry to see you go Mr. Lalanne. :frown:

Ditto.

Jack Lalanne has died!
At 96, I'd call that just as solid a success story as my grandpa who shoveled neighbor's driveways in the latter years of his life.

He died at 96, too.

Good for you, Jack.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Me too.

Oh No!! My mother and I exercized with him, we even bought that blue rubber thing he sold.

I'm really starting to feel old.
I used to watch him in the 60's. I did exercises with him too.

We are old. :biggrin:

Doc Al
Mentor
At 96, I'd call that just as solid a success story as my grandpa who shoveled neighbor's driveways in the latter years of his life.

He died at 96, too.

Good for you, Jack.
Wow yeah!
He lived his life for ground breaking concepts here in the US, like keeping fit and eating right.
(This was during a time when the TV cooks were teaching us to heap in the butter, lard and sugars.)
He stayed married 51 years.
He made himself a good name.

I use to think 86 was break down time. When health starts to go south.
I celebrate his life and what he gave us.
We can now look forward to 96.... 120!

He remains a great inspiration for us.
Thank you Jack!
:!!)

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
RIP Jack.

You practiced what you preached and it worked.

turbo
Gold Member
RIP, Jack. The guy was tough as nails.

He used to make "impossible" swims, but he did them with the handicap of handcuffs and shackles, often towing a string of loaded boats.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
We just watched a short tribute to him on CNN here and he was wearing a blue suit. Now I am really confused. When I was watching him as a kid, he was wearing a black suit like I stated in my post above. But I realize now that my memory would have been of him on a black and white set. lol :rofl: Did he ever do his show in a black suit or was it always blue?
We was poor folk out there in Beverly Hills. Daddy was making space junk and we were watching a black and white set. :yuck: Maybe the color sets were not out yet.

turbo
Gold Member
We was poor folk out there in Beverly Hills. Daddy was making space junk and we were watching a black and white set. :yuck: Maybe the color sets were not out yet.
Color sets were quite expensive when they first came out, and the lack of color programming was a hindrance to sales. It wasn't until the late 60's that color sets became commonplace (as opposed to a novelty) in this area. I never saw Jack Lalanne in color, that I can recall.

Color sets were quite expensive when they first came out, and the lack of color programming was a hindrance to sales. It wasn't until the late 60's that color sets became commonplace (as opposed to a novelty) in this area. I never saw Jack Lalanne in color, that I can recall.
That must have been the case. Thank you for making it clear.
I know we were in "lower Beverly Hills." Like 20 miles south of Rodeo Drive parking. :tongue2:

RIP, Jack. The guy was tough as nails.

He used to make "impossible" swims, but he did them with the handicap of handcuffs and shackles, often towing a string of loaded boats.
Didn't he swim so from Alcatraz to mainland, which only one escapee ever managed without drowning?

I remember as a teenager, going with my parents to look at a house for sale. I walked across the living room and their was a squeaky spot on the floor. The husband says, thats where my wife and Jack Lalanne have their affair every morning.

RIP Jack.

turbo
Gold Member
Didn't he swim so from Alcatraz to mainland, which only one escapee ever managed without drowning?
He was handcuffed the first time and handcuffed and shackled AND towing a boat another time. I'm surprised that he didn't swim the English Channel towing a boat containing his spotter/timer.