Remembering Leslie Nielsen: A Comedy Legend Gone Too Soon?

• News
  • Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rip
In summary, Leslie Nielsen, known for his iconic roles in comedies such as "Airplane" and "The Naked Gun" series, passed away today at the age of 84. He was known for his slapstick humor and ability to make audiences laugh with his silly antics. He will be greatly missed by fans all over the world.
Physics news on Phys.org

:sad:

He was my father's age. Of course my father drinks, overeats, and is overweight, with high blood pressure and poor circulation, so he will last another 10 years or so. He also walks several miles every day.

eeep! Oh, bleh. That's sad news.

He never went anywhere without his "fart machine", an electronic replacement for the "whoopie cushion" that he used to carry. I wonder if they'll bury it with him.
That's one dude who will be sorely missed.
If you ever get a chance, read his "autobiography" entitled "The Naked Truth". It's pure fiction from beginning to end, and absolutely hilarious.

I wonder what his tombstone will say...

Here lies Leslie Nielson.

Not Shirley.

Classics:

Dr. Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital--what is it?
Dr. Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dr. Rumack: Can you fly this plane and land it?
Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Dr. Rumack: I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

===============================

Note from me: It's heartening to know people who understand the "stop calling me Shirley" line.:biggrin:

His death makes me sad.

Can't help it, whenever I hear US national anthem I hear this version.

RIP Leslie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible news, he was my favourite person.

His "Naked Gun" movies have got to be some of the funniest things I've seen. Quite the master of slapstick. If you can sit through one of those movies and not laugh once, you need a humor implant, stat.

A quote from the Washington Post: "Leslie Neilson was an American Treasure. Like most American treasures, he was Canadian." :rofl:

I'll really miss him.

What were Leslie Nielsen's most famous roles?

Leslie Nielsen was best known for his comedic roles in movies such as Airplane!, The Naked Gun series, and Scary Movie 3. He also had a successful career as a serious actor in films like Forbidden Planet and The Poseidon Adventure.

When did Leslie Nielsen pass away?

Leslie Nielsen passed away on November 28, 2010 at the age of 84 due to complications from pneumonia.

Did Leslie Nielsen always act in comedy films?

No, Leslie Nielsen started his acting career in the 1950s and primarily played serious roles in dramas and thrillers. It wasn't until the 1980s that he transitioned into comedic roles and became known for his deadpan delivery and slapstick humor.

What legacy did Leslie Nielsen leave in the entertainment industry?

Leslie Nielsen was a beloved actor who left a lasting legacy in the entertainment industry. He has been credited with popularizing the parody genre and his comedic timing and delivery have been praised by many actors and comedians. He also inspired a new generation of comedic actors and remains a beloved figure in pop culture.

How did Leslie Nielsen's passing affect the entertainment industry?

Leslie Nielsen's passing was a great loss to the entertainment industry. He was a talented and versatile actor who had a successful career spanning over 60 years. His absence is still felt by many, but his legacy continues to live on through his iconic roles and memorable performances.