Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

RIP Little Bear

1. Sep 2, 2005 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My Ireland trip got off to a bit of a rough start, the hotel I was in did not have consistent hot water and I had some trouble figuring out international calling. Then I realized that the very thin soled shoes I chose to bring were not ideal for all of the walking I was doing on pavement, by the weekend I could hardly walk. Now that my feet have adjusted and I can comfortably walk again, it is nearly time to go.

The biggest blow, however, came this morning with an email from my wife, it seems that our dog had medical issues and had to be but to sleep yesterday. :cry:

RIP Little Bear

[​IMG]

I can't believe that I will never again get annoyed by his barking, never again get to stroke is little head. The poor guy was born with a curved left rear thigh bone so he was essentially had only 3 legs his whole life, had it not been for that I think he would have been a show quality Pomerainian.
    I will miss him, and wish that I could be home with my family to help them through these very difficult times. He was a member of the family and loved very much by all of us. :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2005 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

That's awful, Integral!
    I hope you'll enjoy your stay in Ireland, all the same.

4. Sep 2, 2005 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thank you for your thoughts!

I am on my way home tomorrow morning so the trip is pretty well over with. I am going to head out for a bit more site seeing this afternoon. I am not enough of a drinker to really do what is done most in Dublin on Friday evenings, so I will go for a walk throught the Temple Bar district to engage in one of my traveling activities... People watching.

5. Sep 2, 2005 #4

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

my condolescences Integral.

6. Sep 2, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Integral, that's rough when a pet dies while you're away from home. :frown: You'll feel so strange when you walk in the door and he doesn't run up to greet you. My condolences.

I'm just worn out and tired now. Was up until 2 AM unpacking and putting away stuff, trying to get blinds up on windows (I know I hit the studs at least...they were pretty difficult to screw in...my last house was totally different with plaster walls that required wall anchors for everything, so I'm more used to starting to put a screw in, it suddenly punches through plaster, and then I remember to put in an anchor in the big hole I created). I'm really procrastinating moving from the kitchen table at the moment. Sat down to have coffee and my muscles are arguing that I really shouldn't move again for at least 3 days.

Kerrie, good luck with the last days of the pregnancy! I hope you'll post pictures when the little cutie arrives! Looking forward to the birth announcement. :smile:

7. Sep 2, 2005 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so sad.

8. Sep 2, 2005 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sorry, too. What a little sweetheart. There are lots of animal lovers here and we empathize!

9. Sep 2, 2005 #8

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He was a wonderful little dog indeed. I just got off the phone with my wife, she is in pretty bad shape and I am not there.. :cry:

Thanks again for your support (everyone!)

I did not mean to hijack Ivan's thread.. I don't know...Evo, should this be a separate thread?

10. Sep 2, 2005 #9

Evo

It might be nice for Little Bear to have his own memorial thread. My dog died about a month ago, so I know how painful this is. :frown: They really are friends & family to us.

11. Sep 2, 2005 #10

Evo

He's so cute. :cry:

12. Sep 2, 2005 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

I'm all over it, Integral. I'll call her on my way to work today and this evening, too, if I get the chance.

13. Sep 2, 2005 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Evo, I didn't know about your dog. I am sorry to hear that. Was this your little lap dog?

14. Sep 2, 2005 #13

Evo

No, it was Kevin, the Brittany Spaniel. His nick name was "the love dog", and he always walked around with a stuffed animal in his mouth, ALWAYS, they were his babies.

The little fruit bat is alive and well.

15. Sep 2, 2005 #14
    That is terrible :cry: My condolences as well.

16. Sep 2, 2005 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Integral, we're very sorry to hear about Little Bear. :frown:

It's always terribly sad to lose a member of the family.

17. Sep 2, 2005 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How cute! Reminds me of a cat we had named Annabelle who always carried around an oven mitt in her mouth. :smile:

18. Sep 2, 2005 #17

Evo

:biggrin: I can just picture that.

19. Sep 2, 2005 #18

Astronuc

My condolensces Integral, especially since you weren't able to be there.

20. Sep 2, 2005 #19

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

That's terrible, Integral. As they say in Ireland, Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

21. Sep 2, 2005 #20

Evo

:grumpy: Can you translate for those of us that don't speak Gaelic?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?