Farewell Mr. Wizard - 89 Years of Legacy

• News
  • Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rip
In summary, Mr. Wizard, also known as Don Herbert, has passed away at the age of 89. He was well-known for his TV show that explained science to young children and inspired many scientists and engineers. He passed away on June 12, 2007 and many people are saddened by the news.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
RIP Mr. Wizard...89!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070612/ap_en_tv/obit_herbert" has passed away at 89.

I remember him well. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
RIP Mr Wizard! :cry:

RIP Mr Wizard.

I wonder how many of today's scientists and engineers watched and were inspired by Mr. Wizard.

Aww that's sad news, I loved his show.

some links are now on the PF blog: https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/2007/06/13/mr-wizard-don-herbert-1917-2007/

Integral said:
I remember him well.
Me too. One cool dude. :frown:

He lived a long life, but it's still sad to hear of him dying, I used to watch his show on Nickelodeon.

Oh. wow. That's sad. I use to watch his show every morning b4 school on Nick.

An old promo clip:

What is "Farewell Mr. Wizard - 89 Years of Legacy"?

"Farewell Mr. Wizard - 89 Years of Legacy" is a documentary film that celebrates the life and legacy of Don Herbert, better known as Mr. Wizard. He was a beloved American scientist and television personality who inspired generations of children to explore the wonders of science.

What is Mr. Wizard best known for?

Mr. Wizard is best known for hosting the educational television show "Watch Mr. Wizard" from 1951 to 1965. He also had a successful reboot of the show in the 1970s and 1980s called "Mr. Wizard's World". He is remembered for his engaging and hands-on approach to teaching science to children.

What topics are covered in "Farewell Mr. Wizard - 89 Years of Legacy"?

The documentary covers a wide range of topics, including Don Herbert's early life and how he became interested in science, his career as Mr. Wizard, his impact on popularizing science education, and interviews with colleagues and fans who were inspired by him.

What is the significance of Mr. Wizard's legacy?

Mr. Wizard's legacy is significant because he paved the way for other science educators and popularized the idea of making science accessible and fun for children. He also inspired many scientists and engineers who credit him for sparking their interest in science at a young age.

Where can I watch "Farewell Mr. Wizard - 89 Years of Legacy"?

"Farewell Mr. Wizard - 89 Years of Legacy" is not yet released, but it is expected to be available on streaming platforms and possibly on DVD in the near future. Keep an eye out for updates on the film's official website and social media pages.