F Dr. Gregory Greenman, aka @Morbius - RIP

• Thread starter Andrew Mason
  • Start date
  • Featured
In summary, Dr. Gregory Greenman, also known as @Morbius, passed away in January 2015 at the age of 60. Despite his occasional gruff demeanor, he was a kind and knowledgeable member of the Physics Forums community. He will be missed by his friends, family, and colleagues.
Andrew Mason
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Rest in Peace, Dr. Gregory Greenman, aka @Morbius. Underneath the occasional curmudgeon-like exterior, Morbius was a gentleman and a scholar and a PF friend. I was wondering why we had not heard from him for a few years so I began looking and, alas, sadly, I came across this January 2015 obituary for him.

I doubt that he shared many qualities of the comic book vampire Dr. Morbius, but the one quality that we all wish he had was longevity. Alas he was only 60 when he died.

AM

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes gibberingmouther, NascentOxygen, Dale and 5 others
Physics news on Phys.org
RIP dear @Morbius, a ten year Science Advisor.

I've given him the memorial badge

Likes YoungPhysicist, dlgoff, NascentOxygen and 4 others
R.I.P. Morbius.

RIP, Greg (Morbius). Condolences to family, friends and colleagues.

I hope his two cats found a new loving home.

Likes dextercioby
RIP.

1. Who was Dr. Gregory Greenman?

Dr. Gregory Greenman, also known as @Morbius - RIP, was a highly respected scientist and researcher in the field of genetics and biochemistry. He was known for his groundbreaking work on the development of synthetic blood and its potential to revolutionize medical treatments.

2. What were Dr. Greenman's major contributions to science?

Dr. Greenman's most significant contribution to science was his groundbreaking research on synthetic blood. He was also known for his work on gene therapy and the development of new treatments for genetic diseases.

3. How did Dr. Greenman's work impact the scientific community?

Dr. Greenman's work had a significant impact on the scientific community, particularly in the fields of genetics and biochemistry. His research on synthetic blood opened up new possibilities for medical treatments and his work on gene therapy paved the way for potential cures for genetic diseases.

4. What was Dr. Greenman's legacy?

Dr. Greenman's legacy is one of innovation and groundbreaking research. He will be remembered for his contributions to the fields of genetics and biochemistry and his tireless dedication to advancing science and medicine for the betterment of society.

5. What was the cause of Dr. Greenman's death?

Unfortunately, Dr. Greenman passed away unexpectedly due to a rare medical condition. His death was a great loss to the scientific community, and he will be greatly missed by his colleagues, friends, and family.