Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News RIP Shirley Temple, 1928-2014

1. Feb 11, 2014 #1
    I sadly say goodbye to one of my favorite actresses of all time, the great one and only Shirley Temple. A prodigy never equalled. I even liked her few acting performances as an adult, but sadly she just didn't get the following she had as a child. She truly was among the greatest child talents ever.

Claude

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2014 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Certainly an exceptional actress as a child.

"As an adult, she entered politics and became a diplomat, serving as United States Ambassador to Ghana and later to Czechoslovakia, and as Chief of Protocol of the United States." - Wikipedia bio-brief

4. Feb 11, 2014 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

May she sail away happily on the Good Ship Lollipop

5. Feb 11, 2014 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I have to say I hated her as a child actress, but RIP.

6. Feb 12, 2014 #5
    In her early days, before she learned to read, she would memorize the entire script of the movie (at least, all the scenes in which she appeared). She never forgot her own lines, and when her co-actors forgot theirs, she would smile that famous smile of hers and prompt them nicely.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook