Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rising Gas Prices and lowering blood pressure A little weekend fun

1. Apr 9, 2005 #1

SOS2008

Gold Member

Yesterday I filled my tank and it cost $40. I walked back into the office grumpy about this only to find one of my co-workers had emailed these to me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So it helped lower my blood pressure, at least until the next time I go to the pump...

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2005 #2
    Most of those are illegible to me.

4. Apr 9, 2005 #3

SOS2008

Gold Member

Dang -- I thought you could click on these to make larger... Hmm...I need to sharpen my skills further...

5. Apr 9, 2005 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Oh well, the 3 or 4 that I could read are pretty good. And I still don't know how to post a picture at all.

6. Apr 9, 2005 #5

SOS2008

Gold Member

Maybe we should make a thread so other PF members can teach things like this, and I'd like to learn how to alter images too... Of course, in the wrong hands...

7. Apr 9, 2005 #6
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There :smile:

I will post comments in a second :smile:

Pretty funny, but also sadly true. The thing you do not hear people talking about, yet!, is using public transportation or car pooling: This is the only realistic solution!

edit... also this is what you are supposed to do. Note: I just took out the ".th" on your images to make the images the regular size.

This is the usual way.

[ url = url to full size image ] [ img ] url of thumbnail [ /img ] [ /url ]

Without the spaces.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  8. Apr 9, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like the one with sheep. I've considered it, believe me I've considered it. Free fertilizer too. :biggrin:

:rofl:

mattmns, I know if I worked more regular hours, I'd be carpooling! It's more difficult for those of us who don't have fixed hours.

9. Apr 9, 2005 #8

SOS2008

Gold Member

mattmns Thanks!!! :!!) I have to drive to meet with clients throughout the day, so I can't take a bus or car pool... :frown:

Another question - does anyone know how to "refresh" the posts so as to update who's just posted?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  10. Apr 9, 2005 #9
    I'm just glad I drive a really small car, 18 dollars filled my tank, and it will last me 10 to 14 days.

11. Apr 9, 2005 #10
  12. Apr 9, 2005 #11

Danger

Gold Member

Cry me a river, girl. The last time I filled my car was over a year ago and it cost $85. Canuk money, I admit, but still...

It's just as well that you decided on the new mower. You'd never get Brewnog and Artman out of your yard, and they'd probably be fighting over the same sheep. :biggrin:

13. Apr 9, 2005 #12

SOS2008

Gold Member

Yeh, I'm working on this. I still need to load things into my vehicle (for trade show booths, etc.), and like to go camping, etc., but I'm starting to look at vehicles along the line of the Ford Escape. Hey--Any PF suggestions are welcome!

14. Apr 9, 2005 #13
  15. Apr 9, 2005 #14

Danger

Gold Member

So what became of the wheelchair? :confused:

16. Apr 9, 2005 #15

SOS2008

Gold Member

I was thinking how nice public transportation is, not just because of gas, but making a car payment, then insurance, then license plate tabs, etc.--I'd rather pay the real cost at the pump. And I agree that Americans not only moved back toward larger vehicles after the last price hike/shortages, but went to mammoth vehicles--it's ridiculous.

17. Apr 9, 2005 #16

SOS2008

Gold Member

It's not street legal. I was pulled over and had to pay a ticket! :surprised

18. Apr 9, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

I think that, in fact, a mammoth would be quite practical. Bigger cargo capacity than an elephant, and bigger feet for traction. Just remember to plug it in during the ice age.

19. Apr 9, 2005 #18
    So many good reasons to use a bike.

20. Apr 9, 2005 #19

Danger

Gold Member

I thought that's what you packed those melons around with you for. :wink:

21. Apr 9, 2005 #20
    Scion
    My son just bought one of these, he also needs good cargo room. I was impressed, good handling...great on gas.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?