Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Risk curve

1. Apr 14, 2009 #1
    Hi
    I am working at the moment on injury criteria. In the biomechanics domain the risk curve used is often a logistic regression. But this modelisation of the data is inconsistent not only because P(0) ≠ 0 but mainly because a bad information for exemple around a probability of 80 % will change largely the 10 % region and in the wrong direction: the 10 % limit decreases when we add a point: no injury for a high value of the parameter, it should of course increase since it is logical to find that the risk decreases when we add information corresponding to a no_injury result.
    This is due to the fact that the logistics curve is antisymmetric 1-P(x)=P(2m-x) and that it uses only two parameters. So would you know one (or more) equation(s) not antisymmetric which could be used as "risk cuves".
    I tried also normal, lognormal and Weibull equation. Only the Weibull curve with 3 parameters could answer the question but as this last equation presents a discontinuity it cannot be computed automatically very easily.

Thank you for your help. Sorry for my English.

Regards.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted