RLC Dynamic system?

• Thread starter omka
  • Start date
Summary
why does a RLC circuit considered as dynamic system
Hi !!
I'm trying to understand why does we say that RLC circuit is a dynamic system. An example of a dynamic system that i know is a pendulum. The swinging of a pendulum depends on the applied force but also on the past force. What about the output of RLC circuit ? What is the relation between the output of this circuit and his input?
Tank you

Basically - within the system, it changes state or the balance of energy "naturally". It is, in sense, a pendulum. A pendulum is constantly changing energy between Kinetic and Potential energy. There is also drag or friction in the system that will over time stop the pendulum.

In RLC - the Inductor stores energy in a magnetic field, and the Capacitor stores energy in an electric field- and then the two transfer energy back and forth, we see this as an oscillation of current and voltage.

My understanding of what makes a system dynamic (or dynamical) is when there is time dependence.

For example a voltage divider made of two (ideal) resistors exhibits no time dependence on the generated divider voltage V=IR. Whereas the pendulum, mass-spring systems, LC circuits (the R is really a damping element which removes energy from the system, analogous to friction in the two mechanical examples) are all time dependent, there is always a d(something)/dt.