Physical device with both inductance and resistance

For a device with capacitance, resistance, and inductance, a radio tuner is a good example. If you need more help, you can try searching for high-pass and low-pass filters.
kiwinosa87
Hello everyone. I was just wondering is anyone knew an example of a physical device with a)both inductance and resistance b)capacitance, resistance, and inductance. I looked these up on wikipedia and I got that an example for b) would be a radio tuner, is that right? Plus, I can't get a)...Any help?

Physics news on Phys.org
kiwinosa87 said:
Hello everyone. I was just wondering is anyone knew an example of a physical device with a)both inductance and resistance b)capacitance, resistance, and inductance. I looked these up on wikipedia and I got that an example for b) would be a radio tuner, is that right? Plus, I can't get a)...Any help?
Try searching for high-pass and low-pass filters

The induction coil that provides high voltage for the spark plugs in a car has both inductance and resistance.

1. What is inductance and resistance?

Inductance is the property of a circuit element that opposes changes in current flow, while resistance is the property that opposes the flow of current in a circuit.

2. How are inductance and resistance related in a physical device?

Physical devices with both inductance and resistance, such as resistors and inductors, exhibit a phenomenon known as reactance. Reactance is the combined effect of both inductance and resistance, and it determines the behavior of the device in a circuit.

3. What is the unit of measurement for inductance and resistance?

The unit of measurement for inductance is the Henry (H), while the unit of measurement for resistance is the Ohm (Ω).

4. How do inductance and resistance affect the behavior of a circuit?

Inductance and resistance can affect the behavior of a circuit in different ways. For example, inductance can cause a delay in the response of a circuit to changes in voltage, while resistance can limit the flow of current through the circuit.

5. How are inductance and resistance measured in a physical device?

Inductance is typically measured using an inductance meter, while resistance is measured using a multimeter. Both of these devices use different techniques to measure the properties of a physical device with inductance and resistance.